Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default MMS for Bold? Facebook?

I have a Blackberry Bold from Germany and it came without MMS capability? Does anybody know how or why? And would I be better off downloading a software that does have the MMS? I cannot log into facebook mobile neither and I think it is due to the lack of MMS. Someone help! Thanks.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,620 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheyi View Post
    I have a Blackberry Bold from Germany and it came without MMS capability? Does anybody know how or why? And would I be better off downloading a software that does have the MMS? I cannot log into facebook mobile neither and I think it is due to the lack of MMS. Someone help! Thanks.
    MMS is a carrier provision from what I understand. it is carrier dependent. The bold is capable of sending/receiving MMS but the carrier has to provision it.

My guess is your carrier doesn't support it.
    Your voice sounds like a combination of Fergie and Jesus.

Follow me on Twitter!

PM me for MSN
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,248 Global Posts
    PIN
    i'll show you mine if you show me yours

call ur provider... they may need to send the service books
    Banned

PIN
    G

Carrier dependant for MMS give them a call . Facebook is data , also carrier dependant give a call they should set you up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Super Bad

Global Posts
    11,937 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amkls704 View Post
    MMS is a carrier provision from what I understand. it is carrier dependent. The bold is capable of sending/receiving MMS but the carrier has to provision it.

My guess is your carrier doesn't support it.
    Tmobile supports MMS on all BBs. Telus, and Sprint do not support MMS on any BB. Verizon will only support MMS on BBs that have a camera. Alltel will only support MMS on the 8330.

The problem comes down to service books. Try resending your service books from the TMobile BIS site. You could be out of luck though as I have heard that the Bold requires it's own service books. So using the Bold on a carrier that does not sell it, does not have the service books.
    Banned

PIN
    G

p.s. welcome to CB
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    571 Global Posts

My bold wasn't receiving MMS initially, even though all other data services were working ...

I just sent an MMS to myself (I.e.: from my bold to my own number), seems that triggered it to start working.

Try it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com