Just downloaded the new baseball app. Great app. All the hi-light videos work flawlessly, clear and sharp. I haven't had a chance to listen to a live game but will listen to the red sox play today. This app has it all, for the 15.00 bucks plus tax it's well worth it if you're a big baseball fan. GO RED SOX.

Keep bringing blackberry users great apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 09:13 AM
    Good to hear still on the fence though. But go Padres.

04-02-10 04:52 PM
    i'm interested in picking up this app. after the game, can you give a review of how the app handled it? thanks in advance.

...and go cubs.
    04-02-10 05:01 PM
    This is the greatest app ever. I've listened to several games, always great sound quality. Not really a fan of the analysts, but what can you do? The highlight video is beautiful. I also love the live at bat graphics. At this point I don't think I'll get extra innings because this gives me what I need in a concise format. I'll be reviewing it on my blog on Monday. I want to see what they do for opening day/night.

04-02-10 05:09 PM
    i'm interested in picking up this app. after the game, can you give a review of how the app handled it? thanks in advance.

...and go cubs.
    The redsox game was not called live but the yankees was. Listened to the game and they did a great job. All the video hi-lites are very crisp and clear. Great app.

04-02-10 07:12 PM
    May have to check this out this year so I can always listen in when my beloved Rays kick some Boston bootey! LOL.
    04-02-10 07:23 PM
    I've been on the fence with this app too, might have to just go for it.

Now is it Sunday night yet?
    04-02-10 08:30 PM
    I may pick this up, but working (normally) only until noon, I'm usually in the Jeep or at home when a game is on. And Cubs.com has a free shortcut to details on the team, including (at least last year) a "box score" version of the game that could update every 15 seconds. So it was all text, but it was fairly up to date.

Still, it seems like a good app, and I'm interested.
    04-02-10 08:53 PM
    I might have to pick this app also and oh yeah Go Yanks!
    04-02-10 09:49 PM
    I'm on the fence on whether or not to pick it up too. I'm waiting for opening day to see it. Go Tigers!

04-03-10 12:43 AM
    it has been worth the 15 bucks and it isnt even regular season yet. get it. now we need a yahoo fantasy app! go giants!
    04-03-10 02:17 AM
    The hi-lite videos from around the league is great. Keeps the scores up to date. Any baseball fan would go nuts for this app. Come regular season this will be the nuts. GO RED SOX. (this fan still missing Pedro Martinez)

04-03-10 06:41 AM
    The hi-lite videos from around the league is great. Keeps the scores up to date. Any baseball fan would go nuts for this app. Come regular season this will be the nuts. GO RED SOX. (this fan still missing Pedro Martinez)

Okay, you guys are starting to bring me off of the fence. Is the video quality actually pretty decent? I don't expect like full high-res like you'd see off a DL'ed podcast, but I do want better than YouTube! For example, if anyone's seen the videos from the ESPN mobile site, that would probably be good enough for me. Are they that good?

Put up or shut up time, being that it's Opening Day for most of the league and I'm thinking about DL'ing this today. Thanks guys.
    04-05-10 09:36 AM
    I didn't see the Batter View they have had in prior years. Anyone else? Also volume seemed low on a few S2s I saw it on. Finally maybe it was a pre-season thing, but it didn't update scores in any where near real time. Sometimes it was 2 minutes behind.
    04-05-10 09:48 AM
    I didn't see the Batter View they have had in prior years. Anyone else? Also volume seemed low on a few S2s I saw it on. Finally maybe it was a pre-season thing, but it didn't update scores in any where near real time. Sometimes it was 2 minutes behind.
    Again, I don't have the app personally, but I can tell you that they updated it a few days ago and it now has a volume adjustment, which I understand has solved that problem. I have heard other people comment about the lag in displaying scores. That could have something to do with your settings/connection. For me, personally, I'd be okay with that so long as it's less than like a 5-minute delay. It probably sucks the heck out of the battery to have it running anyway.

I'm more interested in the video quality. Is it highly pixelated, or does it look pretty good? Thanks.
    04-05-10 10:10 AM
    Video quality seemed better last year. In fact the Game Day Premium package was $20 last year and 100X better IMHOthan what we have now. The Batter View (seeing where the pitch is in relation to the plate/batter) location of hits and outs etc. How do you leave this out? It was such an intregal part of the enjoyment and understanding of the game.

PS - the Condensed Game - 5 hour delay. The Yankees game was not available until 4 this morning. Really? Really really MLB. Such a f-kin rip. Honestly most of us are already actually paying for these games through our cable bill. And the oTA broadcast of local games is free if you have an AM radio. The streams have been pulled from Moodio FM. Getting a wee bit tired of being nickel and dimed at every junction.
    Last edited by 1magine; 04-05-10 at 10:21 AM.
    04-05-10 10:18 AM
    ...and go cubs.
    +1
    10 char
    04-05-10 11:42 AM
    Video quality seemed better last year. In fact the Game Day Premium package was $20 last year and 100X better IMHOthan what we have now. The Batter View (seeing where the pitch is in relation to the plate/batter) location of hits and outs etc. How do you leave this out? It was such an intregal part of the enjoyment and understanding of the game.

PS - the Condensed Game - 5 hour delay. The Yankees game was not available until 4 this morning. Really? Really really MLB. Such a f-kin rip. Honestly most of us are already actually paying for these games through our cable bill. And the oTA broadcast of local games is free if you have an AM radio. The streams have been pulled from Moodio FM. Getting a wee bit tired of being nickel and dimed at every junction.
    Hmmm. (Easing my way back onto the fence) Well, thank you for that input, it's definately good to hear a contrary viewpoint. Not what I wanted to hear, obviously, but I want the good and the bad.

My remaining concerns are as follows: I'm concerned that everything I'm paying for here is available elsewhere (and possibly better), except maybe the video content. But if there's any kind of delay in the videos, (or the quality sucks), what purpose do they really have? I'm an in-market Twins fan, so I could possibly listen to the games at times when I can't get to an AM radio. I'm interested in the rest of the league and I like fantasy baseball. I guess I'm just trying to get a more concrete feel on what I would actually do with this thing if I pay for it.
    04-05-10 12:14 PM
    Does anyone know of a way to make this work on a Bold 9000 running OS 5.0
    04-05-10 12:52 PM

Just in case people haven't seen this, Kevin did do a review of this (displayed on a 9700, which happens to be my device), which shows all features and some video. I had forgotten about it, but I think I'm satisfied enough to go forward with this (I've wasted $15 on worse things). I'll hang around and post later on my impressions.
    04-05-10 12:56 PM
    Best APP i have purchased so far!!!! Being stationed over in Great Britain ive been hard pressed to get good MLB coverage...now I can listen to games while I am at work...woot!
    04-05-10 01:57 PM
    Thanks for all the feedback. I have not been sure about it. But I am going to download it and give it a whirl.

04-05-10 04:19 PM
    I'm thinking of buying this app as a way of re-kindling my interest in baseball. which never really recovered after the strike. Thanks everyone for the reviews. Is there anyway to buy this without having a PayPal account?
    -Tom

04-05-10 08:37 PM
    I might have to pick this app also and oh yeah Go Yanks!
    Yea go yankees! And thanx for the app

04-05-10 09:02 PM
    How is it with your battery though?
    04-05-10 09:51 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD