Anyone having issues with MiuTunes after installing the latest beta upgrade?
    05-18-08 11:42 AM
    Not other than it now sees my ringtones as songs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-08 11:50 AM
    when I click the miu tunes icon, I get the splash screen then back to the main screen. The app won't start. I've tried restarting and a battery pull but to no avail. There support forum is very helpful either....
    05-18-08 12:49 PM
    when I click the miu tunes icon, I get the splash screen then back to the main screen. The app won't start. I've tried restarting and a battery pull but to no avail. There support forum is very helpful either....
    I have the exact same problem.. Anyone know what to do?!
    05-18-08 02:29 PM
    According to MiuTunes support forum, a number of users are now experiencing this
    05-18-08 02:31 PM
    Did you delete the old before you installed the new, I usually do that, but didn't this time, just wondering if that might be part of the problems. Today mine did the same thing, splash screen, then off, worked the 2nd try though.

05-18-08 02:51 PM
    I believe I installed it onto the original
    05-18-08 02:53 PM
    Yeah I just installed the new version. It seems slower than the previous with start up and navigation and under "about" it reads 201b, under applications it reads 202.

OK I followed the directions and deleted the old miutunes folder. Then it asked to rescan for music. So navigation is just as fast as before now, but start up is much slower, taking 6 seconds to load up. But it still reads 201b for some reason.
    Last edited by blackops; 05-19-08 at 01:52 AM.
    05-19-08 01:27 AM
    OK it crapped out on me. I deleted the program and reloaded it using Desktop Manager. It's crap. I'm going back to the previous version. Now I can't get my left button to bring it up and the albums are divided up (same album, broken into 6 separates.)
    05-19-08 02:49 AM
    I installed the new version without uninstalling the old version. Now when I click on the Artist icon, the programs shuts down altogether.
    05-19-08 07:46 AM
    Ok, here's what you have to do, hook up your berry to your pc in mass storage.
    Go to your F drive from "my pc", open the miutines folder and delete the DB file. Then go to your music file, delete miutunes from it (the old version). There's a DB file in there also to get rid of. That should be it. It's been working fine for me since I did all this, there's supposed to be a new release in a couple days.

05-19-08 08:45 AM
    I've had no problems with it. In fact, it now recognizes all my artwork.
    05-19-08 08:57 AM
    BY THE WAY THE UPDATE IS NOW AVAILABLE I GOT IT THIS MORNING. VERSION 2.0.3 IT SEEMS TO RUN FASTER FOR ME SINCE I DELETED THE DB FILE AND RE-SCANNED MY MUSIC. ALL ALBUM ART ALSO DISPLAYS ON MINE NOW.

For you who encountered problem launching MiuTunes and still not able
    to launch it till now, please follow the procedure below to rectify
    the problems.

1. Connect blackberry to PC and mount as USB mass storage. Find
    MiuTunes music library on the media card, //MEDIACARD/MiuTunes/tunes.db.
    2. Copy this file to the PC, and delete from blackberry. Send us the
    tunes.db file to us for us to check on what is wrong.
    3. Eject the USB storage, and try to launch MiuTunes again.

This will force MiuTunes to recreate a new music library, and you will
    need to let it do full scanning again.

The problem you are facing seemed to be related to intermittent
    concurrent access problem on the music library that causes it to end
    with unexpected state.

We are working on finding the cause, and will provide ways to prevent
    it for the final product.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Simprit
    05-19-08 04:34 PM
    Thanks for the info. Same issues here.
    05-19-08 04:58 PM
    Yep. 2.0.2 here at it is a total crapout. It has not worked since I upgraded. I keep receiving an Exception error when launched. I tried a battery pull and still nothing. I check when the 2.0.3 comes.
    05-19-08 11:02 PM
    OK. I upgraded to 2.0.3 and it seems to be working fine. Startup seems slower than the first version though, but maybe it's just because I'm just now noticing it.

Only problem is when I try to add a program in App Loader, it wants to "upgrade" Miutunes. I downloaded it OTA. How do I keep it from doing this "upgrade" and possibly killing the app?
    05-20-08 01:43 AM
    if you haven't already done so version 2.0.4 is out now. I have it installed and the speed of the program is much faster and smoother switching between everything. I have not had it close out on me
    05-21-08 03:51 PM
    Updated to 204 and it's working great. Fast navigation and my albums are back in order.
    05-22-08 01:56 AM
    Hi,

I just downloaded OTA for the first time and I haven't received an email with a unlock key and I also can't get one if i follow the link to get one.

Anyone know what I should do?

Looks like no one has this version yet. 2.0.5
    05-23-08 11:51 PM
    Hi,

The same thing happened to me. It works fine without the unlock key. It says it is good until May 31st and then it probably locks itself up.

Thanks
    05-24-08 03:17 PM
    Just Though I'd Let Everyone Know. Anyone That Was Beta Testing It Gets It For 50% Off The Regular Price. I Just Got My Final Release Copy Well Worth The Wait =)
    05-26-08 10:18 AM
    what is the splash screen?
    05-26-08 12:35 PM
    Installed Miu Tunes based on its positive following. Received an icon of a of a red circle with a slash through it. Anyone have the same experience.??
    07-22-08 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD