I had the WhatsApp app on my 8310. My wife D/L'd the Weather Network app which copied over the WA icon. I can't figure out how to get the WA icon back or how to run the WA app.

I tried to reinstall WA through BB world, but it said it was already on the phone.

Thanks for your help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-11 11:11 AM
    Sounds like the icon is now hidden or moved into another folder. Can you run it from AppWorld?
    05-16-11 01:36 PM
    Sounds like the icon is now hidden or moved into another folder. Can you run it from AppWorld?
    I'll give that a try. Never done that before.

Is there a search function on BB?

Thanks for your reply.

05-16-11 10:42 PM
    Also, hit your BB menu key and select "Show All" to ensure it hasn't been accidentally hidden. Post back when you figure it out.
    05-17-11 10:21 AM
    Have you done a reboot of the handset? This happened to me before, but once i rebooted it came back
    05-18-11 01:32 AM
    I have the same problem but the WA icon changed to a folder , I want the green speech bubble back, any ideas??
    06-21-11 04:05 PM
    You guys should read this before downloading anything from Jaredco!

BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com - Search Results

06-22-11 09:43 PM
    This may help, from the Blackberry site: WhatsApp FAQ - Where did my WhatsApp icon go?

"Where did my Whats App icon go?

If you installed or updated WhatsApp from App World, you may need to reboot your device by removing the battery.

If the previous step did not resolve the problem, ensure that the WhatsApp icon is not hidden or moved to another folder. You can select [Show All Icons] by pressing the button on the main device screen to see all icons, including hidden ones.

If your WhatsApp icon is grey or transparent, you need to press the button and select [Unhide icon]..."

Not sure what version of phone you have, but either way, it's just hidden and should show up.
    04-25-13 05:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD