I can no longer find the Downloads folder on my home page. And now I have updated App World, and it's gone, too. I think the Downloads folder is gone and things are supposed to automatically download to the "right place." If that is the case, shouldn't the new App World have gone to my apps folder? If so, it isn't there. I would appreciate any suggestions for finding my missing items. I have done a battery pull with no luck. Many thanks!
    06-26-11 12:17 AM
    I can no longer find the Downloads folder on my home page. And now I have updated App World, and it's gone, too. I think the Downloads folder is gone and things are supposed to automatically download to the "right place." If that is the case, shouldn't the new App World have gone to my apps folder? If so, it isn't there. I would appreciate any suggestions for finding my missing items. I have done a battery pull with no luck. Many thanks!
    It sounds like you may have inadvertantly hidden your Downloads folder. The theme you're using will determine how to make the hidden items appear.

If you are using the native OS6 theme layout, then put the focus inside the ALL tray. If you are using a third-party theme, hit the menu to get to your Apps page. Then hit the menu again, and look for SHOW ALL. If it is not checked, then at least one app or folder is hidden from view. Select the unchecked SHOW ALL to make the hidden items appear.
    06-26-11 12:47 AM
    Thank you for these suggestions. I think I am using the default Verizon theme. I can't get a SHOW ALL option when I am in the ALL tray. I also tried doing this in the Apps folder, and when I show all I don't see my Downloads folder or the updates I have downloaded? Any other ideas? This is SO frustrating!
    06-27-11 09:51 AM
    I had that happen when I updated to the FB 2.0 beta. I would recommend deleting whatever the last app was that you downloaded or back up everything and reload the OS

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    06-27-11 01:56 PM
    Thank you for these suggestions. I think I am using the default Verizon theme. I can't get a SHOW ALL option when I am in the ALL tray. I also tried doing this in the Apps folder, and when I show all I don't see my Downloads folder or the updates I have downloaded? Any other ideas? This is SO frustrating!
    Do you mean the Applications folder in the ALL tray? It really doesn't matter where you find the SHOW ALL, so long as you find it. After you hit SHOW ALL, did you back out and swipe to the ALL tray?

Your Downloads folder defaults to the ALL tray, but could have been moved. To find out, try this: From your home screen, hit the menu, then select OPTIONS. Choose DISPLAY, then HOME SCREEN PREFERENCES. Scroll down to the section labeled DOWNLOADS FOLDER. If it is not Home, or whatever location you want to use for your Downloads folder, choose what you want. Conversely, you can scroll a little further down, and reset to default settings. Just choose RESET SETTINGS, select the option you want to reset, and APPLY.

There are two easy ways to find if APPWORLD has been installed. The simplest is to find and select the magnifying glass icon on the Home Screen. In the search bar, type APPWORLD. If you see the APPWORLD icon, it's installed. The second way is to hit the menu again from the Home screen, select OPTIONS, then type APP in the search box at the top of the OPTIONS page. Scroll down to APPLICATION MANAGEMENT. You will see a list of all the programs loaded on your phone. Under the APPLICATIONS ALL banner, scroll down to find BLACKBERRY APP WORLD.
    06-27-11 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD