I have a 2-week-old Bold 9000. Using the BB Desktop Manager, I synchronized a contact list from Outlook to the 9000, and I know that they are there on the 9000 because the device correctly identifies incoming calls, it notices desktop changes upon resynchronization, and so on. It took me a while to realize that the handheld Contacts app, supposed to be built-in with the little open-brochure icon, is not present, so I can't edit the contact list from the device without making or receiving a call.

Perhaps I deleted the app, although that scarcely seems like something I could easily have done inadvertently. It is not present, at least not under any recognizable name, in any folder on the device.

Because the Contacts app is supposed to be (and probably was) built-in, I don't know where to download it from. All suggestions appreciated.
    04-08-10 05:49 PM
    go into the menu screen click menu> click show all
    04-08-10 05:51 PM
    Thanks for your quick response, but I don't know what menu screen you are referring to. The only menu options I can find are under Setup-Screen/Keyboard, where the Menu Style setting allows a choice between Full Menu (chosen) and Short Menu.

I have the feeling that I'm overlooking something elementary.
    04-08-10 09:00 PM
    ok here we go from your home screen click the menu key(the button inbetween the send button and trackball) then click that button again. then scroll down and click "show all"
    04-08-10 09:03 PM

don't pay attention to the icons just click the menu button
    04-08-10 09:08 PM
    That was it. Thanks a lot.
    04-08-10 09:31 PM
    your very welcome
    04-08-10 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD