Hello,

I can't find my BlackBerry Maps. Downloaded it twice and installed it but can not find the icon for it. Running .607, all seems to be fine but the missing BBmaps. Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
    05-16-10 09:29 AM
    I'm going to assume you've checked any folders that may be hidden? If so, try downloading BB Maps directly from BlackBerry - PDA GPS - BlackBerry Maps at BlackBerry.com using the native browser.
    05-16-10 09:31 AM
    Yup, sure have. When I got to download it right from blackberry it downloads a file called ibs_ribbon which sure doesnt sounds like bbmaps to me??? It says its installed after but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere, have show all checked and looked everywhere.
    05-16-10 09:37 AM
    Have you run apploaer.exe. Normally it lists all the apps there. If it listed, you could select it to install, assuming it missed it. It should have been part of your OS install to .607. Also check DM. It might tell you that there is a new version available for download etc... Otherwise, you may have to reinstall your OS, ughhh.

Funny because I have been a huge fan of BBmaps until the past few weeks. With Google maps 4.02 working as well as it does, and Telenav as my navigator, I told Poynt to make them my defaults. Hence, I was able to uninstall it and same a couple almost a couple megs of app memory...
    05-16-10 09:54 AM
    What version is listed as being installed? You can go to Menu --> Options --> Applications and select Add-On to find out.
    05-16-10 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD