so my phone crashed when updating the OS last week. after the store wiped and reinstalled everything, I still did not have some of the apps like all my games (including brickbreaker), notepad, and password keeper. I restored all my info from before the attempted update that crashed from when I had all these apps, and they dont get loaded onto the phone for some reason. I read up on some things and nothing worked. I went to the verizon store today and the guy said he was going to put the phone into factory condition and the apps would be back. That didn't work so I told him and he said to use the restore from when I had the apps and they should appear. I told him that didn't work last time i tried. He said it will work this time and if it doesn't to go into app world and download it (i was mainly there for brickbreaker). I told him its not available in app world. He refused to believe me so I just left. Can anyone please help me on this? I have 5.0 OS and my DM is on a macbook if that helps.
    04-10-10 03:00 PM
    Have you tried the "Show All" options in the menu screen?

Otherwise, my only suggestion would be to update through Desktop Manager and hope for the best.

(I too have a Macbook but have resorted to installing W7 on a separate partition when events like this occur.)
    04-11-10 02:55 AM
    I went through this too. There is absolutely no way to do it in Mac DM. You need to use Windows DM, which I luckily had. Tech support had no answer besides a factory reset, and then you would probably lose the apps again when you updated on Mac.
    04-11-10 08:29 AM
    I am having the same issues, lost Texas Holdem', Brick breaker, Solitaire, Word Mole, Sudoku, Memo Pad, Tasks, Word to Go, XLS to Go, Slideshow to Go, Video Camera, Voice notes Recorder, Voice Dial, Maps, and Pasword Keeper.

I also have BB Desktop Manager for Mac so this is very difficult to deal with... Verizon store will not put apps back on, as they refused to do software updates or upgrades. The tech rep mentioned something called "BIS" as a potential solution however that system was down yesterday so they weren't able to try it...

Anyone have any suggestions?

so my phone crashed when updating the OS last week. after the store wiped and reinstalled everything, I still did not have some of the apps like all my games (including brickbreaker), notepad, and password keeper. I restored all my info from before the attempted update that crashed from when I had all these apps, and they dont get loaded onto the phone for some reason. I read up on some things and nothing worked. I went to the verizon store today and the guy said he was going to put the phone into factory condition and the apps would be back. That didn't work so I told him and he said to use the restore from when I had the apps and they should appear. I told him that didn't work last time i tried. He said it will work this time and if it doesn't to go into app world and download it (i was mainly there for brickbreaker). I told him its not available in app world. He refused to believe me so I just left. Can anyone please help me on this? I have 5.0 OS and my DM is on a macbook if that helps.
    04-11-10 09:07 AM
    I still did not have some of the apps like all my games (including brickbreaker), notepad, and password keeper. He said it will work this time and if it doesn't to go into app world and download it (i was mainly there for brickbreaker). I told him its not available in app world.
    I am having the same issues, lost Texas Holdem', Brick breaker, Solitaire, Word Mole, Sudoku, Memo Pad, Tasks, Word to Go, XLS to Go, Slideshow to Go, Video Camera, Voice notes Recorder, Voice Dial, Maps, and Pasword Keeper.
    XLS, Word, and Slideshow To Go are part of Documents To Go. You should be able to download it from Dataviz's website if you can't find it on your computer.

As for all of the other apps that are mentioned, they are from RIM and not from a 3rd party (app world provides 3rd party apps because you should already have all of RIM's apps).

The RIM apps should have been selected while loading up the new OS. After an OS is loaded, and you select the application loader, it only lists 3rd party apps.

The resolution would be to load up the OS again, and this time take care to select what features of the new OS that you'd like to be added to the installation.

If you use shrink-an-os, you can click on "Launch" to launch the OS loader. I find that way to be the easiest. You just need to put the shrink-an-os executable file in the OS's directory and run it (C:\program files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader).
    04-11-10 11:31 AM
    I went through this too. There is absolutely no way to do it in Mac DM. You need to use Windows DM, which I luckily had. Tech support had no answer besides a factory reset, and then you would probably lose the apps again when you updated on Mac.
    so can I just download dm on say my friends laptop, run an update through it to get the programs im missing back on it, and then come back to my mac and use my restore to get everything back?

and as for the usc fan, I don't think I can do the last suggestion because I have a mac. I've read that option a lot but it's meant for windows users. Is there anywhere I can just download or get the RIM files for the games and other programs? Because I can search through my computer for app files through my DM.
    Thanks for the help so far guys.
    04-12-10 12:53 PM
    Have you tried the "Show All" options in the menu screen?

Otherwise, my only suggestion would be to update through Desktop Manager and hope for the best.

(I too have a Macbook but have resorted to installing W7 on a separate partition when events like this occur.)
    Where is "Show All " ?
    04-14-10 06:26 PM
    I actually called verizon on this last night. They told me to uninstall and reinstall the Desktop Manager (you can download from verizons website). Once I did that and plugged in my blackberry, somehow it backed everything up, reinstalled OS 5.0, restored my info on my bb. When that was done and I went to "applications" the option was there for me to download the games, documents to go, etc.

Hope this helps!
    04-15-10 07:26 AM
    I don't know anything about DM on a Mac and what you can and can not do with it. So..

Get on a friends PC, download DM, plug in your phone, reload 5.0, and most important of all make sure you check mark the apps you do and don't want installed before you load it on. Because you can easily overlook the fact that they aren't check marked even though they are ON the list of apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD