need help on why i'm loosing my 3rd party apps. i back them up like it says to in the noob thread, but after i wipe my phone and install a new OS, i loose most of my 3rd party apps. and when i open up DM and go into add/remove applications and i find my backed up folder with the *.alx file, double click it and says "NO ADDITIONAL APPS FOUND FOR YOUR DEVICE". its getting old cause i always have to go back and re-download them all. i can see the apps in the folder with my *.alx file...any ideas

thx guys you rock!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by DezRanger; 05-29-09 at 12:07 PM.
    05-29-09 12:03 PM
    need help on why i'm loosing my 3rd party apps. i back them up like it says to.
    but after i wipe my phone and install a new OS, i loose most of my 3rd party apps. a
    nd when i open up DM and go into add/remove applications and i find my backed up folder with the *.alx file, double click it and says "NO ADDITIONAL APPS FOUND FOR YOUR DEVICE". its getting old cause i always have to go back and re-download them all. i can see the apps in the folder with my *.alx file...any ideas thx guys you rock ?:-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    are you moving the folder from the temp location before you hit cancel in DM?
    05-29-09 12:06 PM
    yes, and when i click browse, view all file types, i can see them! they just wont load brings up "NO ADDITIONAL APPS FOUND FOR YOUR DEVICE".

-josh
    05-29-09 12:10 PM
    After multiple times of backing up 3rd party applications, the DM likes to mess up and not back all of them up. You need to delete any folders related to backing up 3rd party applications, reboot DM and do it again. But there aren't many reasons to wipe the device. You should only really wipe it if you're having serious problems.
    05-29-09 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD