I just bought a BB torch 9800, my BB carrier here in my country doesn't let BB browser to run. The internet provider adv me to download miniopera which I have been trying to do without success. When I go to BB browser it shows me a message saying that I can't navigate meaning that I can't go to miniopera website........can anyone help me out.....will be highly appreciated!!!!
    11-18-10 11:03 AM
    11-18-10 11:08 AM
    I try that, I downloaded and try to open and it says that device can't open file and can't read it....
    11-18-10 02:45 PM
    You have to unzip the file on a pc or use a 3rd party app that can (filescout)
    jonkaro80 likes this.
    11-18-10 02:50 PM
    Like papped said, unzip it to a location on your computer.
    Open Desktop Manager 6 with your Torch connected. In Applications click 'Import Files' (upper right) and select the file 'operette-hifi-en-fw47.alx'.
    jonkaro80 likes this.
    11-18-10 03:24 PM
    Opera mini is not working well on torch, try bolt browser thats better.

http://boltbrowser.com/boltbb.jad

BTW,I'm interested to know which carrier in which country doesn't allow the BB browser , and fro what reason?
    11-18-10 05:38 PM
    Opera mini is not working well on torch, try bolt browser thats better.

http://boltbrowser.com/boltbb.jad

BTW,I'm interested to know which carrier in which country doesn't allow the BB browser , and fro what reason?
    Carrier: Ice

They said this model is not under their list and that's why BB browser doesn't work
    Last edited by jonkaro80; 11-18-10 at 06:51 PM. Reason: wrong gramatic
    11-18-10 05:49 PM
    Carrier: Ice

They said this model is not under their list and that's why BB browser doesn't work
    The new WebKit Browser needs special service books to work. Until ICE goes through the homologation process with RIM for 9800/9780 the service books won't be available to customers.

Regards,
    Fabian

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-10 09:43 AM
    Dear All:

With Regards to the blackberry torch browser problem i found a solution which is the following:

1- Options
    2- Device
    3-Advanced System Settings
    4- Service book [ you will find different applications with a tick next to it) Delete the following BLACKBERRY INTERNET BROWSING SERVICE BOOK 2.

The Borwser should be perfect but you should so the same thing every time you restart or turn off your BB.

Hope that was helpful
    jonkaro80 likes this.
    11-21-10 04:02 AM
    Dear All:

With Regards to the blackberry torch browser problem i found a solution which is the following:

1- Options
    2- Device
    3-Advanced System Settings
    4- Service book [ you will find different applications with a tick next to it) Delete the following BLACKBERRY INTERNET BROWSING SERVICE BOOK 2.

The Borwser should be perfect but you should so the same thing every time you restart or turn off your BB.

Hope that was helpful
    I push Options, then Device, advance system settings and Service Book, everything is going fine until I get to service book. When I get there it doesn't show me BLACKBERRY INTERNET BROWSING SERVICE BOOK 2.

Let me now what else I can do pls, thanks
    11-30-10 10:38 AM
    Opera mini is not working well on torch...
    Humm... what problems are you having? Works just fine on my 9800.
    11-30-10 12:14 PM
    Like papped said, unzip it to a location on your computer.
    Open Desktop Manager 6 with your Torch connected. In Applications click 'Import Files' (upper right) and select the file 'operette-hifi-en-fw47.alx'.
    I downloaded on my PC, unzip the file and open desktop manager 6 and try to import file, it pops up a message saying that file is incomplete or is incompatible with the device???
    Last edited by jonkaro80; 11-30-10 at 12:54 PM.
    11-30-10 12:52 PM
    I find the native browser works great. Opera mini is very choppy, nevertheless, I kinda miss the tiles for frequent accessed websites and also synching with my opera desktop browser.
    11-30-10 01:56 PM
    anyone using this browser on their Torch currently? The opera site says it works with the Torch 9800 so wanted some recent feedback if possible. Thanks
    04-26-11 08:55 AM
    So I too have never been able to connect to wi-fi on my Blackberry 9800 Torch. Thanks to this forum, I realized problem is because I am on an Enterprise Server.

So I downloaded Opera Mini for 6.0 OS and installed it. Opera wouldn't work. So I removed in Service Book the BB Internet Browsing Service 2, leaving the other two BB Browsing Services intact. But when I try to open a page with Opera, I get the following error:

CONNECTION FAILED. UNABLE TO CONNECT. PLEASE REVIEW YOUR NETWORK SETTINGS.

Any idea what to do to resolve? I also tried Bolt but nothing happens after it reaches about 25% of page load.

I am getting ready to go on international trip on Friday night so would LOVE to have wi-fi capability. Any help you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you.
    11-15-11 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD