This version fixes the "broken" Reset Device functionality in the latest OS 5.0 versions for the Storm2, Bold 9700, Tour, etc.

It also automatically dismisses the "Restart Complete" prompt that appears after the device reboots.

You will need to set your Reset Mode to 3, a new option.

MeterBerry Features:

Customizable, Dynamic Home Screen Icons
    Keep tabs on your battery, memory, or device status right on your home screen.

Customizable Battery and Memory Notifications
    MeterBerry will notify you when your battery level or free memory drops below the thresholds you specify.
    Notification sounds, LED, and vibrate behavior are all customizable through the phone's standard Profiles application.

Logging
    MeterBerry keeps logs of how your battery level, free memory, signal strength, and device temperature change over time, allowing you to detect a failing battery, monitor how 3rd party applications or OS's affect your battery life, memory, or signal strength, find areas or times of the day where your signal strength drops, determine if your phone is overheating, and more.

Soft Reset (Battery Pull) Functionality
    Reset your device by simulating a battery pull any time you want.
    Or, schedule a reset to be performed automatically daily at a specific time.

Memory Recovery
    Initiate the Java garbage collector to free up application memory on-demand, when you receive a low memory notification, or hourly when your phone is idle.

Event Log Management
    View the system Event Log to troubleshoot application or operating system problems.
    Clear the event log hourly when your phone is idle to free up application memory.

Device Statistics
    MeterBerry calculates the average battery discharge rate, change in free memory since startup, time since the last reset, and more.

Small Footprint
    MeterBerry is only ~180 KB in size when installed. And its run-time footprint is even smaller.

Unparalled Support
    E-mail us at [email protected] with any problems, questions, comments, or suggestions. We will answer.

Check out all the details, along with FAQs at the MeterBerry website.

Purchase MeterBerry for a steal, only $3.95!

No other program even comes close to offering MeterBerry's bang for the buck.
    05-02-10 08:45 AM
    Reserved for future use.
    05-02-10 08:47 AM
    Nice. Great work! Thanks for the update.

Works flawlessly!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 10:15 AM
    Just updated, many thanks.

Notice that the option boxes are larger and now show the full details
    05-02-10 10:22 AM
    This doesn't fix the soft reset using alt+shift+del correct?
    05-02-10 12:07 PM
    I get an error message trying to reset my 9700 after updating: Unable to reset device. Error code: 5. This happened before updating as well. I made sure reset type was selected. Any idea as to what is not working right?

Thanks!!!!!
    05-02-10 12:46 PM
    Just upgraded-one of my favorite apps!!!!
    05-02-10 12:54 PM
    I get an error message trying to reset my 9700 after updating: Unable to reset device. Error code: 5. This happened before updating as well. I made sure reset type was selected. Any idea as to what is not working right?

Thanks!!!!!
    Try this from the MB FAQ's...

MeterBerry™ for BlackBerry® Smartphones

Q: When trying to perform a soft-reset, I see a message that MeterBerry is attempting to reset the Security Timer. It asks me to Allow or Deny.

A: MeterBerry does not need to reset the security timer to perform a soft-reset, but the OS thinks it does. If you see this message, you most likely have the Security Timer Reset permission set to Prompt. To change this:

1. In OS 4.X, go to Options (wrench) -> Security Options -> Application Permissions. In OS 5.X, go to Options (wrench) -> Applications.
    2. Highlight (don't click) MeterBerry.
    3. Press the BlackBerry key and select "Edit Permissions".
    4. Expand the "Interactions" section.
    5. Set the "Security Timer Reset" permission to "Deny".
    6. Press the Blackberry key and select "Save".
    7. Reboot your phone by removing the battery.

Q: I get an "Error Code: 5" message when trying to perform a soft-reset?

A: This is usually caused by the Security Timer Reset permission being set to Prompt, which interferes with the reset timing. Follow the instructions above to set it to Deny.

I hope it works for you.
    05-02-10 01:01 PM
    I just updated and set the Reset Mode to 3, but it shows up as ". . ." in the blue box. Does this mean that it is not set?
    05-02-10 01:25 PM
    Try this from the MB FAQ's...

MeterBerry™ for BlackBerry® Smartphones

Q: When trying to perform a soft-reset, I see a message that MeterBerry is attempting to reset the Security Timer. It asks me to Allow or Deny.

A: MeterBerry does not need to reset the security timer to perform a soft-reset, but the OS thinks it does. If you see this message, you most likely have the Security Timer Reset permission set to Prompt. To change this:

1. In OS 4.X, go to Options (wrench) -> Security Options -> Application Permissions. In OS 5.X, go to Options (wrench) -> Applications.
    2. Highlight (don't click) MeterBerry.
    3. Press the BlackBerry key and select "Edit Permissions".
    4. Expand the "Interactions" section.
    5. Set the "Security Timer Reset" permission to "Deny".
    6. Press the Blackberry key and select "Save".
    7. Reboot your phone by removing the battery.

Q: I get an "Error Code: 5" message when trying to perform a soft-reset?

A: This is usually caused by the Security Timer Reset permission being set to Prompt, which interferes with the reset timing. Follow the instructions above to set it to Deny.

I hope it works for you.
    Tyvm this fixed my problems with meterberry
    07-02-10 01:16 PM
    Thanks for the update.
    07-02-10 02:02 PM
    My Bold 9650 will not do the auto reset. It says it has to install modules, resets, modules installed and then does the same thing. I tried reset mode 3 and it seems to just hang there and not do anything. Any fix or ideas?
    08-21-10 06:05 PM
    We have found that RIM has changed the internal behaviors of the later/newest OS's, and the complicated logic needed to have this follow through properly has been effected. .810 seems to be one of those. During testing, I had no problems with the added reset mode 3 myself (this was at the time of this thread posting), but as I upgraded to later OS's this function stopped working (well, doesn't follow through) for me as well. Giant Cashew is working on this at this time, and I'm sure it will be worked out sooner than later.

HTH.
    08-21-10 07:05 PM
    [COLOR="Red"][B]This version fixes the "broken" Reset Device functionality in the latest OS 5.0 versions for the Storm2, Bold 9700, Tour, etc.
    It also automatically dismisses the "Restart Complete" prompt that appears after the device reboots.
    I still get the "Restart Complete" after reboot. I have all permissions to allow and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing works. What can I do?
    08-21-10 10:49 PM
    I still get the "Restart Complete" after reboot. I have all permissions to allow and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing works. What can I do?
    Nothing. Just click ok on that prompt. It doesnt work with all OS's. I emailed the dev about this when 2.0.9 first released and was told it wouldnt dismiss this prompt on all devices depending on what software loads at bootup. All kinds of variables effect that prompt being dismissed automatically.
    08-22-10 09:57 AM
    I get the "Restart required" box when its time to auto reset. If I don't click "Restart Now", the device won't reset. Any suggestions?
    08-25-10 05:24 PM
    All permissions set to "allow"?
    08-25-10 06:09 PM
    Any updates for the Torch/OS 6? I feel lost with MB.
    08-25-10 06:38 PM
    Any updates for the Torch/OS 6? I feel lost with MB.
    Assuming you mean withOUT.

Have emailed the dev yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 03:59 AM
    I've searched and can't find the answer to my problem with meterberry (great app by the way).

Ever since I upgraded my Meterberry to Vr 2.5.0 my schedule reset doesn't work any more. In fact I have a hard time using the actually reset device botton. I'm either given an error/warning or the phone just sits there doing nothing and says "resetting device". This usually results in me manaully pulling the bat.

The other error I get in the schedule reset is:

"Your device cannot be reset now because a reset request has already been initiated by meterberry or another application. You may have previously chosen not to reboot when prompted to."

I have the reset strength set to 3 and I have the security timer thing set to "deny".

I have a Storm 1 with a know memory leak (due to themes). OS is 5.0.419 and meterberry is vr 2.5.

Everything worked just fine till I updated the meterberry.

Help?
    09-05-10 12:59 PM
    I've searched and can't find the answer to my problem with meterberry (great app by the way).

Ever since I upgraded my Meterberry to Vr 2.5.0 my schedule reset doesn't work any more. In fact I have a hard time using the actually reset device botton. I'm either given an error/warning or the phone just sits there doing nothing and says "resetting device". This usually results in me manaully pulling the bat.

The other error I get in the schedule reset is:

"Your device cannot be reset now because a reset request has already been initiated by meterberry or another application. You may have previously chosen not to reboot when prompted to."

I have the reset strength set to 3 and I have the security timer thing set to "deny".

I have a Storm 1 with a know memory leak (due to themes). OS is 5.0.419 and meterberry is vr 2.5.

Everything worked just fine till I updated the meterberry.

Help?
    Try changing the reset mode to 1 and try again. That should work for you.
    09-05-10 01:08 PM
    Try changing the reset mode to 1 and try again. That should work for you.
    Thanks a lot sabbotage that seems to have done the trick.
    09-05-10 01:40 PM
    This was driving me nuts! I guess I could have gone to MeterBerry's site and read the FAQ...but Crackberry.com is always my first stop. Thanks for the tip!
    09-13-10 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD