UPDATE 10/5/2010: I don't want to slag a good app without justification, and it seems MeterBerry wasn't the cause of my battery drain. I did a wipe with BBSAK and reinstalled .713, and things seem back to normal. Trying to reinstall the OS without a wipe didn't solve it.
    =====

I've used MeterBerry for more than a year and have never had any problem.

On Thursday, I suddenly had a massive battery drain... from fully charged to 30% in about an hour. I have three batteries and it didn't matter which one was in my S2.

I finally decided to try deleting MeterBerry and it immediately increased battery life. I reinstalled MB and the drain returned, so I deleted it again.

My S2 has now been off charger for more than 5 hours and the status screen shows my battery at 85%.

Meterberry was one of my essential for the S1, where memory management was important. Now it's just eye candy, but I'd like to continue to use it.

Anybody have a solution?
    Last edited by rlmesq; 10-05-10 at 10:56 AM.
    09-25-10 04:09 PM
    I noticed that to with the most recent update of it.

I THINK! it was draining my battery big time.

Idk though, just what I noticed.
    09-25-10 09:33 PM
    same here!
    09-26-10 12:47 AM
    Same here as well. In the 8 hours that I've been off the charter with meterberry on my phone I would be down to 40%. Without meterberry installed, same usage pattern, phone is at 85%

Installed the latest version and it drops like a rock.

Mike

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 03:23 PM
    I've noticed something has been impacting my battery life, wasn't sure if it was new BerryWeather beta or Meterberry. Going to have to remove Meterberry and see if my battery life gets back to 'normal'.
    09-26-10 03:34 PM
    Add another vote for big battery drain stemming from MeterBerry. I have used MeterBerry since my S1. This never happened until this latest version - MeterBerry 2.5.0
    09-26-10 04:27 PM
    I recently started having some additional battery drain, but nothing truly concerning like what y'all are posting; I went from under 5% with heavy usage to about 6% with heavy usage. I simply passed it off as a new theme along with using the native browser almost exclusively at about the same time. And that might well be what's causing my increased drain (probably), however it's always a good reminder that previously "ok" apps might also have their moments. I've had MeterBerry since god knows when and not had issues, and I upgraded to 2.5 as soon as the app store notified that there was a new version. Is this starting with the upgrade for yous or did it come up later (a week, a month, etc)?
    09-26-10 09:00 PM
    Yea, it happened right after I upgraded. I mean it took me a few days to figure it out. But no question that was the only change on my phone so I figured it out pretty quickly.

+ 1 for Meterberry update issues
    09-26-10 09:04 PM
    Yea, it happened right after I upgraded. I mean it took me a few days to figure it out. But no question that was the only change on my phone so I figured it out pretty quickly.

+ 1 for Meterberry update issues
    Good to know, hoping that means that I'm not going to have to worry about it. I wonder if it's a setting, I noticed 2.5 has a few more bells and whistles. Out of the ones I was originally using, the only new option I'm using is displaying time left on homescreen.
    09-26-10 09:10 PM
    Always weird how some have a problem with something, others don't. The irony that you can track your drain rate with the very device you suspect of being the culprit, is classic.

I've had MB since almost its release and never had a problem with it with the exception of the last upgrade. I noticed a slight increase, but nothing to get rattled over, just kept an eye on it. Things have settled and I'm back to my - 1.6%/hr. give or take. Wonder how similar (or different) everyone's log, frequency, number of items, etc. are.
    09-27-10 12:12 AM
    Always weird how some have a problem with something, others don't. The irony that you can track your drain rate with the very device you suspect of being the culprit, is classic.

I've had MB since almost its release and never had a problem with it with the exception of the last upgrade. I noticed a slight increase, but nothing to get rattled over, just kept an eye on it. Things have settled and I'm back to my - 1.6%/hr. give or take. Wonder how similar (or different) everyone's log, frequency, number of items, etc. are.
    Irony, and also a Catch-22. As I said, mine's nothing to get rattled over either, just a slight increase that can easily be attributed to other factors. Having said that, the increase is enough for me to raise an eyebrow, but not my ire. I have MeterBerry set to update every 15 minutes, seems to give the most accurate readings. There's quite a few other battery monitoring apps in the app store, but the other irony is - are they as accurate as a properly working MeterBerry?

Here's a couple screenies to show why I'm not completely sold on my increase being the fault of a new theme and using the native browser suddenly in lieu of OM5 and Bolt : the first one I snapped as I was reading this thread earlier, and the second as I posted this. Notice the increase and all I've done with it since I swapped batteries is make single 7 minute phone call and about 10 texts, and about 20 emails. 1st three hours after it booted up usage is nil, then it rapidly increases over the next three hours.

09-27-10 12:36 AM
    This thread has been informative. I'm using 2.5 and my drain is at a whopping 17.5 per hour right now! I'm outdoors without any reception issues, and all I'm doing is listening to music through wired headphones (couldn't find my bluetooth)...

10-04-10 06:39 PM
    This thread has been informative. I'm using 2.5 and my drain is at a whopping 17.5 per hour right now! I'm outdoors without any reception issues, and all I'm doing is listening to music through wired headphones (couldn't find my bluetooth)...

Wonder if it's the addition of the "time left" to dead battery in 2.5
    10-04-10 06:53 PM
    well I took it off for a while then re installed it. While it was uninstalled 8 hours off the charger would be at about 80% (usually) 8 hours off the charger with it installed was about 60% give or take obviously.

So yea it differs for everyone but if the only thing I installed is meterberry and noticed a drastic battery drain like that. well.... I would probably associate it with the app.
    10-04-10 06:56 PM
    well I took it off for a while then re installed it. While it was uninstalled 8 hours off the charger would be at about 80% (usually) 8 hours off the charger with it installed was about 60% give or take obviously.

So yea it differs for everyone but if the only thing I installed is meterberry and noticed a drastic battery drain like that. well.... I would probably associate it with the app.
    That's the whole point of the thread - said app is MeterBerry, and version 2.5. What's different between 2.5 and previous versions that seems to be causing increased drain?
    10-04-10 07:03 PM
    I have a 9700 and have noticed the same discharge issue

10-04-10 07:11 PM
    I have had it with this battery drain issue...I reset my discharge rate twice due to me having 54.8% per hour discharge rate.

I basically don't touch my phone unless I have a charger near by...
    10-06-10 05:52 AM
    I have version 2.5.0..... I noticed a battery drain problem a week or so ago and then is stopped???? now about 1.3%/hr. If everyone is having this I'm sure they will squirt out a new mod to fix whatever is causing it. Has anyone contacted customer service for Meterberry?
    10-06-10 06:34 AM
    I'm running now for over half a day with barely any movement in my discharge rate - only 1.3%, limited use, basically a couple of handfuls of text and usual emails.

Had periods last week when this was 52%, and went for hours at 10%+! If it were MeterBerry it must be due to some sort of condition that causes it to go crazy. However, I never saw 52% discharge rate before, but also won't say it's MeterBerry related.
    10-06-10 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD