Whenver I try to reset the phone with either app, it asks permission to do so. Its really inconvenient because in the middle of the night i'd have to press the 'reset now' button to make it actually work. Any ideas how to make the programs just automatically reset without any actions done by me except the initial button press?
    04-18-10 07:59 AM
    i had that exact problem after downloading verizon's official 5.0 OS and meter berry kept doing that on my phone even after i set all settings to allow for meter berry. ever since i downgraded to sprint's official 5.0 that message hasn't popped up for me. i know that this is one of the many big time flaws for verizon's OS.
    04-18-10 08:16 AM
    This is a known issue for QuickPull from Steelthorn Software:

Steelthorn Software � quickpull

But, if you are talking about MeterBerry's Soft Reset (Battery Pull) Functionality that simulates a battery pull, that is a different story.

I use the quicker "Alt_Right-Shift_Del" phone reset method with the same results as the following method:

Type:##000000_Then hit Send_Scroll down to "SIP Password" and enter: "vzw"_Then hit Menu_Then select "Save"

These methods will do a soft battery pull that will simulate a hard battery pull and result in the same thing as pulling the battery out of the phone for 30 seconds or so and replacing it. However, just to be on the safe side, I always pull my battery out of the phone every week or so and leave it out for several minutes (30-40min) to completely drain the battery power from the device and then replace it to complete the reset.

Edit 4-19-2010: QuickPull Free now seems to work okay with the platform 4.2.0.284 update released by Verizon to OS 5.0.0.591 for the Tour 9630 yesterday.
    Last edited by mikeplus1; 04-20-10 at 10:06 AM.
    04-18-10 10:57 AM
    i had that exact problem after downloading verizon's official 5.0 OS and meter berry kept doing that on my phone even after i set all settings to allow for meter berry. ever since i downgraded to sprint's official 5.0 that message hasn't popped up for me. i know that this is one of the many big time flaws for verizon's OS.
    I did the same thing---"downgraded" to Sprint's .484---and QuickPull works as it should for me. Personally, I consider that downgrade to be an upgrade!

If you decide to go with Sprint's .484, just be sure to delete the vendor.xml file before loading it onto your Verizon Tour. There are instructions for upgrading/downgrading your OS here http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/. I added Driphter's Dv8.5 hybrid over the .484 OS and I'll never look back.
    04-18-10 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD