Hello,

I had a quick hover over similar threads and it seems like nobody has raised this .... so here goes.

I have MeterBerry 2.0.3 and Stormsliderr 5.0.9 running on the 5.0.0.436 OS.

For several weeks now I've had the OS set to do auto on/off Weekdays and Weekends. It's set (and enabled) to come on at 0630 and off at 2359.

This has worked fine for the couple of months I've had the phone and is still working fine according to the MeterBerry Log.

Stormslider has been on the phone for several weeks and in general I'm reasonably happy with it though it does have the odd known quirk, including one when bringing the phone up on the power button. I also have simpleweather 'integrated' into stormslider.

I got MeterBerry last week and am very impressed. I have it set to do a reset at 0700 (30 minutes after the phone has started up on 'auto on').

Each morning when I pick the phone up it is displaying a message saying MeterBerry wanted to restart the system but it was locked and did I want to restart now? Obviously I say yes and it does the start. Last night I changed the stormslider setting so it didn't activate on start up thinking that was perhaps the problem, but no, same thing this morning. The time on the meterberry logs would suggest it is in sync with the clock time (which is 'network' time).

I might switch stormslider off tonight and see what tomorrow brings ..... any other ideas anybody??

Phil
    02-06-10 12:13 PM
    If you look in meterberry's options there are two methods of reset to choose from. Change it to the opposite of the one you have set not now, and try it again.
    02-06-10 12:40 PM
    Shayd I don't think that will help.. I just tried that didn't really do anything different.

Even if OP turns off SS "on start up" it will still activate on dim, and I think that is what's blocking his reset. I'm not sure what to tell you. I just turned SS off (I just use the BeNexus themes lock) and keep MeterBerry going.
    02-06-10 12:48 PM
    Why do you turn your phone off? I've has mine constantly on since I've had it
    02-06-10 01:00 PM
    Due to all of the testing that I do, I reset my phone sometimes atleast 10 times per day.
    02-06-10 01:11 PM
    Yeah, if you like storm slider ya probably have to skip the morning reset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 01:18 PM
    meterberry won't reset if your phone is locked. I've had the same problem for a while.
    02-06-10 01:45 PM
    OK guys, tks for that.

I turned SS off last night and sure enough this morning the phone did just what it should have done - an auto on at 0630 and the meterberry re-start at 0700. Mebbe I'll turn off mb restart and just do it manually when I think about it.

Phil
    02-07-10 04:07 AM
    Do you really need to reset every morning? I know in days of old (9500 and 9530) it was our habit to reset every morning. In my case, I stopped that with the 9550. I only reset now when it needs it and that is not very often relative to my 9530.
    02-07-10 09:14 AM
    Hello Ultrafield,

Yeah, fair point ... though I have to say I actually think I get more out of the battery when it has had a restart. That said, no two days are the same in terms of use and varying signal strengths so its very difficult to be truly subjective.

Phil
    02-07-10 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD