Don't replace your blackberry too much or the makers of meterberry won't give you a new code to activate your app that you already bought twice. Its not my fault verizon kept sendin me POS refurb phones...just so you know I won't be buying another copy of meterberry to renew my new PIN...if nothing else I should be getting a refund of now a worthless app I have bought or at least another code so I can keep on using this app I have bought...WTF?????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 03:16 AM
    Did you try just changing your pin on mobihand? Once you change your pin in your mobihand account, it will activate new licenses for each app in your list.
    12-27-09 03:30 AM
    Same here. Except that for me, it happened the first time i swapped to a new phone. I upgraded to the S2 and my mobihand account tells me i have exceeded the maximum number of device swaps! Geez, some of these bb devs, with their upgrade fees and "it's new and improved" fees and "but gosh i worked harder this time" fees and "but you gotta new phone" fees, their phone apps will cost as much as a new OS for your PC. Not to mention that many of them didn't work properly from the beginning.
    Meterberry was and, I guess, still is a good app. Right now, it's not good enough to buy multiple times. Maybe later if and when it grows and adds more features.
    12-27-09 08:09 AM
    I have never encounter this issue before I usually do it the way as shay described.

12-27-09 08:23 AM
    i had this problem via mobihand, i contacted customer support of meterberry and they sent me a new code
    12-27-09 10:58 AM
    I've run meterberry on 5 storms. No issues.

If you get the "exceeded" message on mobihand, just FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS and they will change your PIN for you.
    12-27-09 11:01 AM
    mobihand switched my codes over instantly also. And meterberry is a top 3 app for tons of people here. really has many great features
    12-27-09 11:07 AM
    If you have had to switch out your phone that many times, you probably have bigger problems then Meterberry. You should probably get a different type of phone. Blackberry's aren't for everyone.
    As far as a Meterberry goes. One of my top two apps! Worth the little money that GC charges. I know, I know, it isn't free. That is why you may want to look at another phone as I stated earlier.
    12-27-09 11:26 AM
    All of your suggestions make sense, but they actually take some effort. Some people find it easier to slag developers and whine on forums than to look for solutions.

I blame Jerry Springer, Oprah and the other talk shows. People can't just deal with stuff, whether it's a minor annoyance or a major life tragedy, without an audience.

If you have had to switch out your phone that many times, you probably have bigger problems then Meterberry. You should probably get a different type of phone. Blackberry's aren't for everyone.
    As far as a Meterberry goes. One of my top two apps! Worth the little money that GC charges. I know, I know, it isn't free. That is why you may want to look at another phone as I stated earlier.
    12-27-09 11:56 AM
    I've run meterberry on 5 storms. No issues.

If you get the "exceeded" message on mobihand, just FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS and they will change your PIN for you.
    All apps except meterberry worked fine when i changed my PIN on mobihand to the new S2 PIN per the directions. MeterBerry is the only app that has a code that won't upgrade using the new PIN.

Thanks driftdevil and howarmat for the useful advice. I'll give that a shot. I guess i just lost it a little when i saw their app was the only one not updated. Hopefully it's a mobihand problem and not the devs. Like i said, meterberry is a good app but if i do have to pay again, it'll take some more features for me.
    Last edited by jonkjon; 12-27-09 at 12:59 PM.
    12-27-09 12:52 PM
    If you had to replace your phone due to defects, just email us at [email protected]. We're quite friendly if you take the time to ask.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 12-27-09 at 01:04 PM.
    12-27-09 12:57 PM
    If you had to replace your phone due to defects, just email us at [email protected]. We're quite friendly if you take the time to ask.
    I will attest that Giant Cashew is very responsive, friendly, and an active participant on this forum. Unfortunately, some people find it easier to complain on a public forum than ask for help resolving a problem.
    12-27-09 03:14 PM
    I will attest that Giant Cashew is very responsive, friendly, and an active participant on this forum. Unfortunately, some people find it easier to complain on a public forum than ask for help resolving a problem.
    Thanks for making this useful information available to the public. It's very helpful and relevant.

Oh, BTW, i would like to make a public apology. Sorry if i was a little aggravated. An email was sent to the devs and this is now in their hands. Either way, case closed for me. Once again, sorry. Won't happen again. From now on, i'll keep my thoughts private. That way, everyone benefits.

Definition -- Forum: a public meeting or assembly for open discussion.
    Last edited by jonkjon; 12-27-09 at 07:00 PM.
    12-27-09 06:55 PM
    Same here. Except that for me, it happened the first time i swapped to a new phone. I upgraded to the S2 and my mobihand account tells me i have exceeded the maximum number of device swaps! Geez, some of these bb devs, with their upgrade fees and "it's new and improved" fees and "but gosh i worked harder this time" fees and "but you gotta new phone" fees, their phone apps will cost as much as a new OS for your PC. Not to mention that many of them didn't work properly from the beginning.
    Meterberry was and, I guess, still is a good app. Right now, it's not good enough to buy multiple times. Maybe later if and when it grows and adds more features.
    For what it's worth, we've released 14 versions of MeterBerry in 10 months and have never charged a cent for any upgrade.

Thanks for making this useful information available to the public. It's very helpful and relevant.

Oh, BTW, i would like to make a public apology. Sorry if i was a little aggravated. An email was sent to the devs and this is now in their hands. Either way, case closed for me. Once again, sorry. Won't happen again. From now on, i'll keep my thoughts private. That way, everyone benefits.

Definition -- Forum: a public meeting or assembly for open discussion.
    I responded to your email immediately after you sent it. I'm awaiting your response.

The device swap policy is in place to discourage fraud and abuse, not to inconvenience our customers. Doing so is not in our best interest.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 12-27-09 at 07:59 PM.
    12-27-09 07:48 PM
    I responded to the devs email 'privately' as promised. I would like to conclude this with the result but that would be airing my results publicly. I just wanted to at least respond to the above which gives the impression that I never responded. I did respond and this matter is closed for me. Now go back and watch some more Oprah....

12-28-09 05:02 PM
    I responded to the devs email 'privately' as promised. I would like to conclude this with the result but that would be airing my results publicly. I just wanted to at least respond to the above which gives the impression that I never responded. I did respond and this matter is closed for me. Now go back and watch some more Oprah....

Good to hear GC got you squared away, which is no surprise if you've been around any period of time and read his posts. Also, I wanted to thank you for your various rants. I needed a good chuckle after a depressing day at the office. Thanks again!
    12-28-09 05:08 PM

Huh? You publicly SLAGGED a really decent developer with your whining, but you won't tell us how it turned out? Guess I'm probably correct in assuming Giant Cashew treated you with courtesy and respect, and resolved your issue, and you don't want to acknowledge it because it'll make you look like an even bigger j3rk than you did in the first place.

12-29-09 12:26 PM
    +100 The Big Nut has been super helpful and responsive any time I've had issues. I've had a handful of BBs as well and have had no problems reactivating MeterBerry. The one time it didn't work thru changing my PIN in mobihand or the CB store, I emailed Cashew and he hooked me up immediately.
    12-30-09 07:33 AM
    ever since i put the .328/.428 (i think) hybrid on my phone, i cannot get Meterberry to do a reset. manually or scheduled. i tried all the fixes on their website and also uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. i changed the reset codes from 1 to 2 and still no luck. and i did battery pulls. i posted this issue in the thread for the hybrid as well but i have yet to get a working answer .
    12-30-09 03:00 PM
    ever since i put the .328/.428 (i think) hybrid on my phone, i cannot get Meterberry to do a reset. manually or scheduled. i tried all the fixes on their website and also uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. i changed the reset codes from 1 to 2 and still no luck. and i did battery pulls. i posted this issue in the thread for the hybrid as well but i have yet to get a working answer .
    Try installing Google QuickSearch. For some crazy reason instally that app (from the App World) was the only way I could get MB or QL to reset on my S1. Haven't had issues on my S2 but I think I have GQS installed still (it's hidden somewhere I believe). Anyway, give that a whirl.
    12-30-09 03:35 PM
    Just for ****s and giggles i tried it, knowing its not gonna work, and guess what???? it didnt work. thanks for trying
    12-30-09 04:26 PM
    Im debating if I want this app or not.
    02-26-10 07:09 PM
    Im debating if I want this app or not.
    Let me save you some time..

You do.
    03-01-10 09:09 AM
    03-02-10 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD