First of all I would like to tell that I am new to this forum which can be verified by my date of joing.

I would like to show my anger over the action of the moderator / admin who banned me yesterday for 24 hours without giving me any valid / proper reason. Let me quote the instane
    There was a post regarding update for batterex applicatio, I also went through that post and it clearly mention to try the batteryex free version before buying, if anyone wants. However, none of the links were working and many users were asking for the free version link. It made me curious and I started to search for a working ota link whichh I found and successfully installed it on my 9780, which is perfectly working, having limited options and option to buy the full version. This is what it says
    Software Version: 6.0.0.526
    App Name: BatteryEx
    App Version: 1.0
    License Type: Free Edition
    Platform Version: 6.6.0.195

So I made a thread with the name batteryex ota link and posted its address as I found nothin wrong with it and so does the software says. Few hours later when I again tried to access the forum I get this rude message from crackberry moderator / admin
    YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED TILL 7 APR, STOP POSTING STOLEN PAID APPLICATIONS

I think this is the rudest way to communicate the admin should have first emailed me and inquire. What about crackberry allowing leaked versions of os to download, ist that stealing.

What do you people say?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-11 01:08 AM
    Sorry that happened but looking at the post and the site to which you linked to -- it is known warez hosting site. Just because you linked to a file that was free, doesn't give it any more validity. As noted in forums policy:

• Keep it Legal

No posting of Warez in the forums, such as links to download warez, instructions on "cracking" software, or "workarounds" that enable people to utilize for-pay services without paying. Posting this kind of content can result in an immediate and permanent ban. These kinds of activities can get CrackBerry.com in trouble, and nobody wants that, so just don't do it.
    Be happy it wasn't permanent, you got off with a 24 hr ban when it could have easily been longer. As for OS'.. they fall under the DMCA act. People can post them, it's up to RIM to control them and request for them to be removed -- some get removed, some don't. Given our close relationship with a lot of software vendors and the high rate for piracy, and the fact they are mostly small business owners with better things to do then chase people around handing out DMCA's we assist with that and ban members who share such files.

Again, sorry for the slight misunderstanding there but -- posting a link to a known warez site is not going fly even it was a free file that was being shared.
    04-07-11 01:48 AM
    Thanks for the clarification that sorts out the matter.

You know that I even looked for the meaning of Warez at dictionary.com, but could not find it. So many like me don't know what these terms mean or how to know that the website is warez. Can you help so in future this mistake is not repeated?.
    04-07-11 02:07 AM
    Certainly..the message of clarification on the terms in ban messages will be passed onto the moderation team to help avoid this further down road. And again, apologies that it happened as it did.
    fb1301 likes this.
    04-07-11 02:11 AM
    No issue brother, all forgotten. Please stop appologizing you have very well clarified the issue. Thanks

Just guide me how to know that a website is warez, so I may not repeat the mistake agin.
    04-07-11 02:42 AM
    I must say, however, the name crackberry is not really a responsible one as cracking software os slang for doing exactly what you are trying to stop. Just saying

04-07-11 04:17 AM
    I must say, however, the name crackberry is not really a responsible one as cracking software os slang for doing exactly what you are trying to stop. Just saying

You know, I've nevr once thought of the 'Crack' in Crackberry to be a reference to cracking code so much as a reference to how addictive the drug crack is.
    Crackberry is addictive is always how I've seen it.
    And for the sake of reference, Warez is a term used to identify sites or programs that are used for the express purpose of gaining software for free that is normally paid for.
    A Warez sight might post activation keys for an illegally obtained copy of Windows, or even the full program itself with the activation code removed.
    Last edited by Manoman; 04-07-11 at 05:40 AM.
    04-07-11 05:33 AM
    No issue brother, all forgotten. Please stop appologizing you have very well clarified the issue. Thanks

Just guide me how to know that a website is warez, so I may not repeat the mistake agin.
    Basically a warez site hosts illegal copies of software for download, avoiding license and the payment which is normally made to the developers of the apps. Howhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warez to tell... there are links to "free downloads" of products which are usually sold. An example would be a site which has "free" downloads of full function Microsoft products like MS Office.

For a longer description of warez, see Warez - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    fb1301 likes this.
    04-07-11 05:49 AM
    I can get a free copy of Microsoft Office? lol
    FB1301, you might want to consider using Dropbox and creating your own OTA's when a link to a more official app store isn't available - that way there's no chance of trouble (as long as the app really is free).
    There's instructions on how to do here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/how...ropbox-564060/
    fb1301 and BB Musketeers like this.
    04-07-11 10:07 AM
    Can't we all just get along...good grief!
    04-07-11 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD