Are there any apps that will display all of the running processes and how much application memory they are taking? Ultimately, I want to see what's hogging up all the memory on the storm.
    04-15-09 12:45 AM
    Unfortunately no. The only thing you can do is monitor your overall memory usage. No app can see what other apps are using.

My app Memory Eye will monitor your memory in the background, its less than 15k in size so it has a tiny foot print and it alerts you if your memory drops below the point you set, and gives you the option to reboot your phone. It doesnt have an icon and is made to feel like part of the original OS.

but no app will give you individual break down of each app. only the total collective memory which can be found yourself without an app by going to options -> memory or options -> status.
    04-15-09 04:21 AM
    Meterberry tells you how much memory is free and gives you notices and the ability tp reset. With the logging ability you can run an app and see its effect on the memory. Its an awesome app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 06:03 AM
    I second MeterBerry. Works great. With its icon, you can visually keep an eye on memory, or battery, or up time, or a number of other things. Check it out, by Giant Cashew (love that handle).
    04-15-09 07:49 AM
    I'd like to chime in too. While BlackBerry doesn't let you see what memory each running app is using, it does provide a breakdown of memory statistics by a number of categories (code modules, persistent flash, transient flash etc) so you know what type of memory you are losing. I just uploaded MemStats, selling for 99 cents, that exposes these statistics so you get a little more than "flash free". It also lists your running processes.

MemStats - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software

That said, unused memory is wasted memory, and BlackBerries will take advantage of unused flash memory. It may not be a bad thing to see that memory get used as long as free mem does not get too low.
    04-16-09 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD