Now I'm sure in some sense, some of what I am discussing here has most likely been touched upon previously... But I needed some answers and thought a new refreshed post couldn't hurt.

So after multiple OS installs and restoration of backups I have tried to start watching the memory in an effort to nail down the cause of my memory issues. Of corse after the OS is first installed everything is great and my free memory hovers around 40-43 megs. After some third party software is installed, memory starts to vanish. This is acceptable to a point. Apps need memory to run. But what gets me is that I have found that most apps will seem to "claim" memory and that memory is unavailable. Again.. This is acceptable for apps that need to run in the background. However, these apps that are taking this memory are not running in the background. Matter of fact they are not running at all. These apps are installed but do not run unless they are manually started. Yet they are using up memory anyway. I confirmed this by keeping track of available memory as I restored these apps from the backup.. And I watched the memory vanish as apps were installed.

So why are apps using memory? They are not running. They do not have little applets or such running to gather data. So what's the point of using up valuable memory for nothing? Its a waste of time and memory.

Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD