If i bought a 4GB memory card, would i be able to dl more apps without causing "memory leaks"??
    10-13-08 12:36 AM
    apps cannot be loaded from the memory card
    memory card is used for media stuff only
    10-13-08 12:37 AM
    so i am limited as to how many apps i can DL wiithout my BB having memory leaks or any other type of trouble?
    10-13-08 12:47 AM
    Correct. You can load apps until you have about 12 000 000 bytes left. If your file free drops below that, you'll start to lose messages and call logs and your phone may reboot randomly. One step you can take is to perform Reed McLay's Memory Optimization Procedure. You can easily find it in the forums. It's stickied in the How To forum. Reed's procedure helps you delete the stuff you don't need, to make room for the stuff you want. It's also an excellent OS tutorial.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-08 12:53 AM
    thx. Out of curiousity, does the iphone work the same way?
    10-13-08 12:54 AM
    I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to that. You could probably find it in the iphone forum, or by googling.

10-13-08 01:01 AM
    thank you for the help jeff
    10-13-08 01:03 AM
    I believe the iPhone works on the same concept, but there are no call log/txt message dumps

10-13-08 01:04 AM
    it makes sense that most smartphones work on the same premise. i just wanted to make sure that the BB wasnt the only one with these problems. im going tommorow to buy a 4gb and see what happens...
    10-13-08 01:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD