Does anyone know if there is an app for WEB MD or any other MD app for the 8330. Hopefully free. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 12:18 PM
    I would also like to know.

05-04-09 12:23 PM
    Epocrates is and awsome program. You can get the free version or you can upgrade to other versions for a small fee... Alot of us use the free version and it works great... Just go to Epocrates.com You do have to have a blackberry media package to get it. For anyone with palm you can d/l it to your desktop and load it to your phone. As far as I know you cant do that with BB... Hope this helps,
    Cheers, Larry
    05-04-09 12:44 PM
    When I was a medical student, a mentor of mine who is an amazing Internal Medicine doctor would always ask me questions. When I didn't know the answer, I would go to the computer and when I returned with what I thought was the answer he would ask, "Now is that from doctor.com or NOT-doctor.com."

The point being that a lot of what you get, even from places like webmd is NOT-doctor.com.

It's good info, but it's not necessarily what will hold up if you have to explain your actions to the board. Case in point, all medical students have to go to a meeting of the medical board to see the procedures and a doctor talked about how, "I got this off of Web MD and it's kind of the internet authority on medical information," to which the president of the board replied, "I'm sorry you were confused about how much faith to put in Web MD for your clinical information."

But I digress...

I agree with EMT0003. Epocrates has it's DocAlerts feature..

But.. for example.. on Twitter, there is a great guy named KevinMD who has daily updates on doctor.com type stuff..

But the site I use (besides UpToDate.com which IS one of the real authorities on doctor.coms)... is this one...

Medical News: MedPage Today Breaking Medical News + CME

No there is no app... but one of the only good things about the Storm is it's web browser is =fast (notice the whoosh lines).

Just keep that place bookmarked. You won't regret it!

Edit.. off to the side, you can select specialty areas, or just search for what you want.
    Last edited by jdoc77; 05-04-09 at 01:10 PM.
    05-04-09 01:06 PM
    hey guys thanks a lot. This really does help. You've been a real help. Jdoc77, I really appreciate it. Good info.

05-04-09 02:28 PM
    The main medical programs I use on my blackberry are epocrates (free) and DynaMed (from Skyscape). I have access to UpToDate via the web, which is handy (although a dedicated program would be nice). These three comprise my main resources.

A free site that I sometimes reference is Family Practice Notebook (Family Practice Notebook) which doesn't format all that well on the Curve, but it's usable.
    Last edited by trimax84; 05-04-09 at 03:05 PM.
    05-04-09 03:03 PM
    I like epocrates but i hate the fact you can't shut it down on the curve. Its a resource hog but I'd like to be able to disable it when not in use at least. I've installed it and uninstalled it. Now contemplating reinstalling.
    05-04-09 04:14 PM
    look for all the QxMD programs - free

qxmd.com
    05-06-09 07:46 PM
    Epocrates is a great program. I'm a police officer and run into various types of pills, and people taking them. I've used this program a lot for pill ID, and when working a DWI, and someone tells me what they are taking, I can look it up.
    05-06-09 07:59 PM
    epocrates is a great app. I like it and use it a lot...

Free medical PDA software: Epocrates Rx for BlackBerry
    05-06-09 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD