I am using "Stream To Me" on my iPod....is there anything comparable for my 9810?

This app lets me use "Serve To Me" (installed server software on PC) serve my media (Movies, MP3's ect ect) from my home server to my iPod as long as it has an internet connection meaning not only on my home network but over IP. This worked awesome with my Hotspot feature on my BB until I found out that tethering was not covered (long 11 thousand dollar story...ended well though)

I just saw the article about using DNLA to stream media FROM the BB to a PS3....seems backwards to me so I thought I'd check to see if I am missing something obvious. Anything to stream home server media to BB 9810 over IP?

Thanks
    02-16-12 09:21 PM
    69 Views and no response, I'm guessing that is my answer.....

Oh well, just wanted to rid my dependance of an iDevice.
    02-17-12 12:16 PM
    You want to stream from your PC to your BlackBerry right? Have you considered an apache server?
    stealthbob likes this.
    02-17-12 03:55 PM
    I have played with Apache before, would that work for live raw uncompressed streaming with only a 50 kb/s upload rate?

Also how would I access content on the BB? Is there some client app for this?

I only know the back end stuff but have no clue as to what I need on the BB side.

Thanks, I forgot about Apache
    02-17-12 04:01 PM
    Live streaming, yes. 50kb/s should be sufficient for music at least.
    There's an ampache client for the BlackBerry I think, or you can use the browser and navigate to your PC's IP address.
    02-17-12 04:03 PM
    Its video that I want....

I'm guessing the Serve To Me/Stream To Me compresses the stream. I was able to seamlessly stream anything off my Server. I was never able to do that with Apache, even using a PC, my bandwidth just wasn't there.
    02-17-12 04:06 PM
    Oh I thought you wanted to do it off your PC lol.
    Have you tried Orb?
    stealthbob likes this.
    02-17-12 04:12 PM
    I think I have a long time ago...never got it to reliably stream video.

File transfers and audio no problem.

That's why I was so surprised with the Stream to me app....I still use it when WIFI is around but it sure was nice to stream some of the kids shows from home right to my car over the Hot spot signal on our last Christmas trip. Just didn't know the meter was running at $6 per MB. Sure you can load some files and then go but I have a couple of TB of media...its nice to have it ALL when you want it. I'm trying to get the unlimited tethering plan, this is all moot if that goes through.

I really appreciate your help!
    02-17-12 04:21 PM
    I'am using TVersity for streaming all kind of media to my 9800. It works fine but I never tried it from outside my home-wifi.
    02-19-12 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD