If you download the new version of Meboy builder you can convert any gameboy or gameboy color rom (easily found on the net by googling gameboy roms) to .jar

1.right click on the MeBoyBuilder.jar and open with java VM
    2.a browsing screen will open choose your first .gb file
    3.after you choose a browser will open again choose your second game
    4.after you finished adding your last game and click ok again a browser will open like the previous times but click on cancel this time
    5.A file name MeBoy.jar will be created in the same directory that is you mobile jar file )

I would stick with Gameboy games because the color ones lag

In the settings of the emulator chnge them to frame skip rate at 10

from amount of 16kbps to 80

and ninety degree turns to 1 (you will play sideways, but its much better)

Using desktop manager put the .jar in any folder in your blackberry.

To find the.jar on your blackberry you have to go to Media and (you have to do it exactly like this for some reason, just regular browsing through wont show jar files) press the applications button (the one on the left side of your trackball) press explore and browse to where you . jar is from there)

Havent figured out how to get it fullscreen yet, and for some this wont be worth it. I like it. I actually have been killing wait time with pokemon lol

Here's a link to Pokemon Red already converted.

Pokemon Red.rar
    06-30-08 03:45 PM
    this is actually really cool and looks like it could be great in the future. i was able to get it full screen and it looked pretty good. however in full screen or small screen, the game was very laggy, pretty much unplayable, even when tweaking the settings. i have 8130.

do you have it installed on device memory or microsd? mine is on device memory, i used java loader.
    Last edited by tom1l21; 07-01-08 at 12:09 AM.
    07-01-08 12:03 AM
    yeah it is laggy, but I could play it pretty well with small screen frame skip set to 10
    and for some reason it doesnt lag as much when you set it at 1 90 degree turn (meaning your playing sideways)

Supposedly they keep updating meboy, so maybe theyll deal with the fps issue.

It seems like these phones should have no problem playing gb games.

Have u seen the iphone nes emulator? you tube it. Pretty sweet.
    07-01-08 12:12 AM
    When I open the .jar file it asks to download and I choose yes, then it says there is not enough room. Does this mean it tries to install it on my phone? how do I choose a different install location with enough space?
    07-14-08 03:18 PM
    [QUOTE=defi9;444915]If you download the new version of Meboy builder you can convert any gameboy or gameboy color rom (easily found on the net by googling gameboy roms) to .jar

1.right click on the MeBoyBuilder.jar and open with java VM
    2.a browsing screen will open choose your first .gb file
    3.after you choose a browser will open again choose your second game
    4.after you finished adding your last game and click ok again a browser will open like the previous times but click on cancel this time
    5.A file name MeBoy.jar will be created in the same directory that is you mobile jar file )

I would stick with Gameboy games because the color ones lag

In the settings of the emulator chnge them to frame skip rate at 10

from amount of 16kbps to 80

and ninety degree turns to 1 (you will play sideways, but its much better)

Using desktop manager put the .jar in any folder in your blackberry.

To find the.jar on your blackberry you have to go to Media and (you have to do it exactly like this for some reason, just regular browsing through wont show jar files) press the applications button (the one on the left side of your trackball) press explore and browse to where you . jar is from there)

Havent figured out how to get it fullscreen yet, and for some this wont be worth it. I like it. I actually have been killing wait time with pokemon lol

Where would I find the emulation program? I am just looking to play RBI Baseball and Techmo Bowl on my 8310. Thanks in advance!
    07-14-08 06:34 PM
    Ok I think I've got the process right...I mean I use the builder and get the files onto my phone, but durring the install of the .jar it looks like it is gonna work...but then when it appears do be installed 100% it says the file is too large...I have tons of room on my memorycard and on my phone....anyone know a way to make this work???? I'm dying to play a game that actually has depth.
    07-29-08 05:25 PM
    tried to install meboy.jar file after transferring with windows explorer file manager. Hour glass is spinning after half install and doesn't seem to stop. will a battery pull hurt? Help!!!!!!!!
    07-30-08 12:07 AM
    done battery pull and everything is alright meboy did not install and memory is about the same as before trying to install. Whew!!!!!!!!
    Not trying again, not worth it.
    07-30-08 12:17 AM
    Interesting
    10-20-08 06:44 AM
    I really cant see meboy causing any problems what so ever. That is weird how your phone cant install applications over a meg. Ive been using meboy builder since its early releases ages ago and have had no problems at all. Some potential solutions i can think of for your problems are as follows.

Try copying meboy builder on your pc and install one rom into each meboy builder file and rename to something like meboy rom name etc so that you can have multiple versions on your mobile phone.

If you havent got meboy builder 1.6 than its always good to be up to date. Download MeBoy 1.6 Mobile phone gameboy colour emulator roms

Have a talk to your mobile phone company etc nokia and ask them if there is a firmware update available for your mobile phone. Keep in mind that firmware updates can be dodgey at times and you might want to backup your mobiles content.

If that doesnt allow meboy builder to work than you may need to wait until you get anew mobile phone.
    10-20-08 06:45 AM
    do you think you can use the blackberry storm to play gameboy games?
    12-06-08 11:15 PM
    okay, so i did all of this stuff and the game downloads to my phone like its supposed to. but when i go to open it, it doesn't work. it says

"Error starting MeBoy:Symbol 'MeBoy.showError' not found."

what does this mean??
    12-13-08 08:56 PM
    okay, so i did all of this stuff and the game downloads to my phone like its supposed to. but when i go to open it, it doesn't work. it says

what does this mean??
    Yeah i tried the exact steps with pokemon crystal (GBC game)
    and it wont work.
    gives me the exact same error.
    Any clues?
    12-18-08 02:08 AM
    having the same problem trying to play pokemon red on the curve 8330 getting

" Error starting MeBoy: Symbol 'MeBoy.shownError' not found.
    12-18-08 09:15 PM

what does this mean??
    Same here!
    01-02-09 10:30 AM
    definitely not something I'll ever put on my phone again.

there used to be this mobile program, Vsnes or something, you had to pay to use the full version. it worked pretty well on my old flip phone. I played nintendo/super nintendo games on it without many problems. don't know if it's still around or even available for BB's, though
    01-02-09 11:11 PM
    I got 2.0 to work, but it lags so bad that it's not even worth it.
    01-03-09 02:17 PM
    wow, Pokemon talk about Nostalgic.

I never did beat that second Metriod game lol.

Doesn't seem like alot of people are having much success with this.

Do they update MeBoy often?
    01-03-09 05:17 PM
    where do i get roms. it always says something about not being able to host them on every site?!!
    01-04-09 03:10 AM
    on my pearl 8100 i have the 2.0 version or newer version and for some reason the sound wont work iven though i turn it on at the seettings and save the changes
    06-22-09 12:24 AM
    Lots of people are having problems with the installation. Here's what you can do to fix it. Note that you'll need to have push email on your blackberry activated with at least one working email address (but who wouldn't on a blackberry?):

Send the file (or *filename.jar) to your email address. Do this instead of copying the meboy.jar file onto a media card and trying to install it from there.

When the email hits your blackberry, open it up and download the .jar file. Run it.

This will get rid of the common problems MeBoy users are running into.

It seems that the settings for j2me (the thing that reads and runs your third party apps) work better with files that are actually acquired off the internet instead of locally downloaded. Having downloaded such a .jar file usually places them in a place that the environment better recognizes and runs from.

Good luck,

Jake
    07-17-09 06:57 PM
    Lots of people are having problems with the installation. Here's what you can do to fix it.

Send the file (or *filename.jar) to your email address. Do this instead of copying the meboy.jar file onto a media card and trying to install it from there.

When the email hits your blackberry, open it up and download the .jar file. Run it.

This will get rid of the common problems MeBoy users are running into.

It seems that the settings for j2me (the thing that reads and runs your third party apps) work better with files that are actually acquired off the internet instead of locally downloaded. Having downloaded such a .jar file usually places them in a place that the environment better recognizes and runs from.
    07-17-09 07:28 PM
    Has anyone tried this on the 8900? I would love to have Pokemon on the blackberry. Tried it on my old 8320 a while back and it was lag city

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 12:46 AM
    I got the blackberry storm and i dont really use the desktop manager. Do I have to have the desktop manager to put the meboy files onto my phone? Because when i do, it wont show up anywhere, i look for it everywhere. please reply, thanks
    09-16-09 07:59 PM
    When I found the link to download meboy builder, y click it and then appears that something is missing and I can't found a good link...can someone tell me one to get meboy and play the gameboy?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 02:48 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD