Missinformation what is this a nation security issue you need to chill out
    first of all if dm reloads the apps the rerun Maxmem or is that to to much for you and no where did i say it was perminent what do you work for THE FOX NEWS SpinRoom i thought the heads up on this app would be appreciated if you do not want to use then don't i don't recall anyone asking for your opinion but since your one of those think they know it all types who has to prove how smart they are in every post they make then by all means do your thing!! and if you looked at the post then you would clearly see what this app removes so if you use the java edit for anything else (adding themes....)then this would not apply to you
    P.S. I bet you voted for BUSH TWICE LOL!!!!!
    No I didnt vote for Bush at all. You people amaze me. Apparently you missed that MaxMem was part of my signature...so I'm not sure what headup you're talking about. As far as asking for my opinion, my opinion helped Pete out.... I dont know why I am wasting my time explaining anything to you. Please, by all means, think what you want.
    07-13-08 12:29 PM
    Uh I have used run as admin on this and still same problem I am pretty well versed on vista and I have disabled all those protections so it is not an issue I am pretty sure of what the problem is if you have a chance to look at vista 64 you will see two program folder 1 is for 32 bit apps the other is for 64 bit unlike xp the 32 bit folder is listed as program files(x86) and the normal program files folder which your proggy is looking for is for 64 installs so your program is looking in the 64 bit folder for files listed in in the 32 bit folder is there a way for me to edit this file and change folder locations so it points to the program files(x86) folder some sort of editor perhaps???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Regrettably I have never seen Vista 64. I have several XP systems and one Vista 32.

The only thing thatI can suggest is that you have a look at the CrackMem thread where there is an explanation of how the thing works and see if there is a work around for you.

I intend to rewrite CrackMem so that it is a true Windows app. that installs properly with the correct permissions. This will most likely take about a month (cuz I have other stuff to do too).

I am truly sorry that I am unable to help you. Should you ever find a work around please would you let me know. Thanks.
    07-13-08 02:20 PM
    anyone find out what the "etc." means in the description for the rim internal tools?
    The etc. folder is widely used in the Linux community. This is certainly a hangover from the development system.
    07-13-08 02:23 PM
    Etc means and so on such as battery log quincy tools and so on !!! Or excetera excetera
    I don't think she was looking for a definition of etc, but since you went there:

It does not mean "and so on" it means "and the rest"
    It is actually not one word but 2
    And spelled correctly it is Et cetera or et c�tera
    07-13-08 04:05 PM
    VAD & MaxMem

I've read this before about VAD- when removed you lose your "About" screen.

So I checked my "About" and discovered that it still worked. I thought there must be a mistake because too many times its been reported not to work any more.

The MaxMem program does remove VAD and a few other things from your device, BUT when you use DM for anything,
    UNLESS YOU EDIT THE JAVA FOLDER, IT RE-INSTALLS VAD AND EVERYTHING ELSE YOU REMOVED BACK TO YOUR DEVICE!!

Along with my "About" issue, I couldnt figure out how I went from 22MB free, to 13MB?

While sitting at my PC installing a theme, I watched closely what was going on and was like DAYUM! The very things that MaxMem removed, application loader kindly reinstalled.

I had some free time on my hands, so I performed this multiple times just to make sure I wasnt loosing it. Each time, the same results, but once I edited my java folder and actually removed from it what MaxMem was removing from my BB, VAD and everything else stayed off my device.

If you want to test it yourself (at this point DO NOT edit your java folder), use application loader to install something and watch VAD and whatever else you removed from your BB reinstall itself.

Now use MaxMem again (edit your java folder) and use application loader to remove the previous app you put on there for this test. You'll see that Application Loader this time is not reinstalling anything that MaxMem removed.

For anyone that is saying no editing is necessary, you didnt need to use application loader so you wouldnt be aware this happens.
    If your about section is not accessible, like mine isn't, one can aways use the keyboard short cut, ALT e,a,c,e to access all of your needed numbers

But I have to agree with bmcclure937,,, I like knowing what I'm removing, have used stoner's guide, and saved 9mb. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    07-13-08 04:19 PM
    Can anyone tell me how to work this program or whatever.. I have a pearl 8130... The file downloaded is a .jar? HOw does this work ( i have vista x64)
    07-13-08 04:20 PM
    I don't think she was looking for a definition of etc, but since you went there:

It does not mean "and so on" it means "and the rest"
    It is actually not one word but 2
    And spelled correctly it is Et cetera or et c�tera
    Et cetera is Latin and AG's explatation is correct. AG, I like your use of the oedipal character too .
    07-13-08 04:23 PM
    Can anyone tell me how to work this program or whatever.. I have a pearl 8130... The file downloaded is a .jar? HOw does this work ( i have vista x64)
    Use your Pearl to navigate to the site, the link will do the download over your phone network.

07-13-08 04:26 PM
    .jar is get the program straight to your phone only
    07-13-08 04:26 PM
    Use your Pearl to navigate to the site, the link will do the download over your phone network.

Oh.. I downlaoded it to my computer and thought I had to use that. Thanks
    07-13-08 04:32 PM
    oops my bad but just to prove a point
    The abbreviation etc may stand for:
    • The abbreviation etc may stand for:
      • et cetera, a Latin expression meaning "and other things" or "and so on" It is taken directly from the Latin expression which literally means "and the rest (of such things)"
      • /etc, a computer directory found in unix(-like) operating systems
    so ok we were both right
    07-13-08 06:34 PM
    What is BES? the one option wants you to delete something if your carrier is not BES
    07-13-08 06:49 PM
    What is BES? the one option wants you to delete something if your carrier is not BES
    BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) is the name of the middleware software package that is part of the BlackBerry wireless platform.
    BES connects to messaging and collaboration software (Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Domino, Novell GroupWise) on enterprise networks to synchronize email and PIM information between desktop and mobile software.
    07-13-08 07:00 PM
    No where did I say that "every BB user is constantly using App Loader multiple times per day." If this issue doesnt pertain to you, then that's fine. But there are many of us who care to know that if all the facts arent in evidence, it results in misinformation.

I'm sorry that seems to be a concept that went over your head.

The fact that you like it "doesn't permanently remove anything" is also your choice; but seriously, you like everyone else, wouldnt know that this wasnt permanent if someone hadnt bought it to your attention; so the initial post that says "no more JAVA folder editing" is not 100% true.

Next time you want to slam someone, come better than this!
    It doesn't matter what you said directly, you're still giving people the negative impression it's a "bad" program. Might not suit your needs, but that's irrelevent to the masses.

Some people will greatly benefit from it, some won't. If you're one that doesn't, don't use the product. It's as simple as that.

P.S. Don't talk about "come better" please. If this wasn't a public forum with rules I could easily tear you a 2nd, 3rd and 4th assh*le little girl.
    07-13-08 08:21 PM
    It doesn't matter what you said directly, you're still giving people the negative impression it's a "bad" program. Might not suit your needs, but that's irrelevent to the masses.

Some people will greatly benefit from it, some won't. If you're one that doesn't, don't use the product. It's as simple as that.

P.S. Don't talk about "come better" please. If this wasn't a public forum with rules I could easily tear you a 2nd, 3rd and 4th assh*le little girl.
    Whoa, play nice now please. Especially let us not play 'He said, She said.' It is such a boring game cuz no1 ever wins.

This is a social forum and everyone has their own opinion and we all know about opinions.
    07-14-08 12:58 PM
    Pete no worries. I'm not here to force my opinion on BB or anyone else. Those that got the point got it. Something was discovered that wasn't previously known. That's the point.

07-14-08 01:44 PM
    I can't believe people get so hostile on these forums?! Especially over the BB! I could understand if this was a forum about abortion or even the presidential race.

Bottom line is that we are ALL here to help one another... Right?

07-15-08 11:58 AM
    I believe that betwen MaxMem and CrackMem there are now excellent tools for managing the memory on our phones in a very flexible manner.

CrackMem is a (mosty) pre-OS installation tools whilst MaxMem is useful for managing the phone post-installation i.e. as it came out of the box with the OS and apps already installed.
    07-16-08 11:41 AM
    AAahh... so glad I came across this post! I tried deleting the at&t themes thru java & my fone looked like it was having a seizure! This made it so much easier & it LEFT the themes I downloaded *yippeeeee* So now that I've done what I wanted with it.. I can just remove this program *lol*
    07-20-08 05:16 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD