Frees up to 5MB of memory on your BlackBerry no matter what the type! Not only does it release memory, you will also feel a slight increase in response time. MaxMem will remove apps, themes, and files in your BlackBerry that you don�t use.

It does remove Voice Dialing, Push to talk, and quite a few other pesky applications.

NOTE: Please backup your BlackBerry before trying this application!!!

You can download it OTA from mobile . blackberry . com
    nthe Apps section.

this thing works gang!!! i cannot post links yet
    07-02-08 11:35 AM
    MaxMem - Free Memory Optimizer

#fullpost{display:none;}Frees up to 5MB of memory on your BlackBerry no matter what the type! Not only does it release memory, you will also feel a slight increase in response time. MaxMem will remove apps, themes, and files in your BlackBerry that you don�t use.

It does remove Voice Dialing, Push to talk, and quite a few other pesky applications.

NOTE: Please backup your BlackBerry before trying this application!!!

You can download it OTA from mobile.blackberrytrade.com in the Apps section.
    07-02-08 11:39 AM
    Is this app free?? I have heard of something like this before (it may be this).

And, in comparison to following the standard routine to free up memory... how does this compare.

Yes, it sounds simpler and all... but does it get the same job done. Have you compared file free using this app and using the standard procedure to free memory??

*EDIT* : Thanks for the link... and it seems like it is free Still curious how good it is though!
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 07-02-08 at 11:43 AM.
    07-02-08 11:40 AM
    Well i had done java edit and decided to remove vad with this and i jumped from 20 to 22.8mb free so i have to says this thing rocks i removes themes quincy preloaded media mds and PTT as well although i already had done those thru java folder edit
    07-02-08 11:45 AM
    What if I use Voice Dialing and want to keep it? Can I still use this app and remove things "a la carte" as I desire?

Thanks,

jon
    07-02-08 02:29 PM
    I'm curious as well, I use push to talk and voice dialing so can or is this for those who don't use them at all
    07-02-08 02:38 PM
    What if I use Voice Dialing and want to keep it? Can I still use this app and remove things "a la carte" as I desire?

Thanks,

jon
    yes, the app allows you to remove items "a la carte."
    07-02-08 02:45 PM
    Seems interesting. So this app, does it take memory in itself on your device?? Or does it run from your PC?

I am totally comfortable with the Java folder editing... so just wondering the advantages for me.
    07-02-08 02:47 PM
    Anyone using it with OS 4.5?

From the website:
    UPDATE: Apparently it's not working for some with OS 4.5 Beta.
    07-02-08 02:52 PM
    Seems interesting. So this app, does it take memory in itself on your device?? Or does it run from your PC?

I am totally comfortable with the Java folder editing... so just wondering the advantages for me.
    i actually tried it out a little while ago. it does have a footprint. but it seems more like a one-and-done sort of app. install, do its thing, then delete it.... cuz the stuff isn't coming back. nice little handy app for those that have an aversion to doing a little optimizing
    07-02-08 03:12 PM
    Using it with 4.5 beta on 8830 worldphone, got 7mb free! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    07-02-08 03:17 PM
    Anyone using it with OS 4.5?

From the website:
    UPDATE: Apparently it's not working for some with OS 4.5 Beta.
    yes, using it w/ 4.5.0.46
    07-02-08 03:20 PM
    I just gave it a go around and I gained at least 8mb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-08 05:29 PM
    wow this works really well, simple and easy...
    07-02-08 05:34 PM
    Rebooting as we speak. Thank you Mr. Developer!
    07-02-08 05:58 PM
    It completely f*&^* my OS, And yes I did a back up, well when I did a restore guess what? all my themes were gone including my custom themes. Be very carefull when using this!
    07-02-08 06:29 PM
    It completely f*&^* my OS, And yes I did a back up, well when I did a restore guess what? all my themes were gone including my custom themes. Be very carefull when using this!
    were you using any theme other than the Zen theme when you told it to delete extra themes?
    07-02-08 06:38 PM
    i got 2.5mb but it also deleted all my videos from media card as well? no biggie nothing i dont have on my pc
    i was hoping it would get rid of napster that came preloaded that i cant seem to get rid of it doesnt show up in the applications
    07-02-08 06:45 PM
    oopps never mind my videos are still there just took a minute from restart to show up i guess
    thanks kevrod
    07-02-08 06:47 PM
    any help with getting napster out of there?
    07-02-08 06:48 PM
    i got 2.5mb but it also deleted all my videos from media card as well? no biggie nothing i dont have on my pc
    i was hoping it would get rid of napster that came preloaded that i cant seem to get rid of it doesnt show up in the applications
    thats strange...i just used it a few hrs ago and it didn't delete any of my media card vids....
    07-02-08 06:48 PM
    were you using any theme other than the Zen theme when you told it to delete extra themes?
    No I was using the Zen theme like it said to! It also only asked me to delete the today and icon theme. So why the F*&^ did it delete my custom themes?

Just going to take me awhile to track them down again since the are OTA!

07-02-08 06:53 PM
    yeah there back sorry
    07-02-08 06:54 PM
    No I was using the Zen theme like it said to! It also only asked me to delete the today and icon theme. So why the F*&^ did it delete my custom themes?

Just going to take me awhile to track them down again since the are OTA!

i think this app is more intended, primarily anyways, for usage on a fresh install (or new device) loaded w/ junk.... unfortunately... they should disclose what exactly will be deleted regardless.
    07-02-08 06:57 PM
    I only clicked on PTT and the last one (since I use everything else) and it didn't free up much memory. I just deleted it now.

Btw, I assume that once you say yes that you backed up and yes to the disclaimer that its done? Nothing really seemed to happen ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-08 06:58 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD