So I've had my 8530 for a couple weeks now, everything's been great EXCEPT very recently my BBmaps icon has gone missing from my home screen. It's still listed under applications, none of my GPS settings have changed, etc. It's just simply gone. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling BBmaps multiple times, poked around the LBS.alx file (couldn't find any references to vendor information ala the AT&T 102 BS) and pretty much everything else out there without result. The GPS was one of the main selling features of the phone for me and until coming down to Victoria from my small mountain town none of you have heard of everything was great--GPS lock-on was fast and accurate, navigation worked perfectly and above all the bloody app still EXISTED. My carrier is koodo mobile and I'm in Canada (obviously.) I tried google maps but it wouldn't work, it complained about me not having a data plan (which technically I don't, but that didn't seem to bother BBmaps any.)

So any ideas? I'd really love to get my maps up and running again, especially since I'm in a new city and having a functioning GPS would save me a lot of annoyance. Oh and first post on crackberry, sup!
    08-09-10 08:46 PM
    did you hide it....because I would love if it disappeared from my phone
    08-10-10 02:03 AM
    Well you could have hidden it and moved it a different folder. So try pressing menu button then show all. After that look through all your folders on the blackberry. If that doesn't fix it have u changed your services at all because if you have no data play the icon will not show up. Hope that helps
    08-10-10 02:18 AM
    No it's definitely not hidden. I made no alteration to my services, as I said maps was working perfectly until I came to Victoria, then it suddenly vanished. And I can't find any relevant lines in the LBS.alx. Thanks for the advice but it's definitely none of those things. And I wouldn't be so annoyed if not for the fact that I can't make google maps work AT ALL on my phone. Help is much appreciated.
    08-15-10 10:55 PM
    Also I checked my service books and maps is in there, right at the top and set to active.
    08-15-10 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD