I hardly use map apps, but I'm looking for one that has live traffic updates and follows you on the road as youre moving along. Does blackberry or google maps do this? If so, how do you set it up?
    08-10-10 10:36 AM
    google maps does
    08-10-10 10:38 AM
    Didn't see the second half of your question.

After you download google maps, from the menu it will say "show traffic". You click that and it shows the traffic
    08-10-10 10:40 AM
    Oh ok, I did see that under layers. But will the map follow you around as your vehicle moves?

I've never used map apps before.
    08-10-10 10:42 AM
    Its a bit pricey at $99.99 but i personally use this and it is an awesome APP. Turn by turn + traffic updates and points of interest.

Garmin | Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry - Turn your BlackBerry into a savvy navigator with Garmin Mobile
    08-10-10 10:45 AM
    just a bit lol
    08-10-10 10:49 AM
    Yes, google maps does follow your car/boat while you are moving.
    08-10-10 11:00 AM
    There's also a free Traffic.com app.
    08-10-10 11:23 AM
    App world provides map apps too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-10 05:10 PM
    Its a bit pricey at $99.99 but i personally use this and it is an awesome APP. Turn by turn + traffic updates and points of interest.

Garmin | Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry - Turn your BlackBerry into a savvy navigator with Garmin Mobile
    Any idea if they offer a discount if you already own a Garmin GPS?
    08-10-10 05:18 PM
    No discount. i have Garmin Mobile as well. i much prefer my carriers GPS, VZ Navigator, but Garmin gets the job done. It's also just a one time fee. Some prefer that over subscription based apps.

08-10-10 05:20 PM
    No discount. i have Garmin Mobile as well. i much prefer my carriers GPS, VZ Navigator, but Garmin gets the job done. It's also just a one time fee. Some prefer that over subscription based apps.

Not sure if you do any boating, but I spend the majority of my time on my boat. Wondering if Garmin Mobile has river maps/charts incorporated into it? Or just streets.
    08-10-10 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD