I've had my BB (first one ever) for two weeks now and never bothered to consider denying priveleges to any app during installation.

Is there any app available that can sniff out malicious apps that I installed.

Is there a way to see which permissions have been given to the apps installed on my BB?
    04-12-10 08:07 AM
    no, most apps are legit and i have never seen one that is malicious actually.
    04-12-10 11:54 AM
    I think I have seen antivirus apps in the BB App world. There has only been 1 instance of malicious software ive seen which came from a legit app that gave out a update that spyed on users.

Also there are PDF BB exploits usually which affect BES users.
    04-12-10 11:59 AM
    I've had my BB (first one ever) for two weeks now and never bothered to consider denying priveleges to any app during installation.

Is there any app available that can sniff out malicious apps that I installed.

Is there a way to see which permissions have been given to the apps installed on my BB?
    There's an app called "Kisses" and it's free...The icon is some little thing with a heart for a face...Seems to do what you're looking for...
    04-12-10 05:38 PM
    I've never heard of a malicious app.
    04-12-10 11:39 PM
    There have been reports of a few a while back but if your going though App world, you have nothing to worry about. But if your downloading from xyz.com, then it might pose a risk.
    04-12-10 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD