I love the idea behind this app, as I have previously made my own themes, and since switched to a macbook pro. Now I am unable to edit my themes anymore (although I do have the thm file for the theme in question that I'd like to change the icons of) I'd previously made a theme for myself and used the default precision icons because at the time, I had not heard of magic icon, and I didn't like how some of the third party apps were in the precision style and could not be skinned in Plazmic. Then I got magic icon, and was able to change *most* of the third party apps to nice matching icons. So now I want to change the icons I used in the original theme I'd made to either android or something similar icon set. There is a feature in magic icon to select the entire android theme (just the icons) but, and here's the catch... it can't change the icon of some of the default apps: Messages, Media, BB Messenger for starters... And though it can create a link to those apps, that CAN be changed, those links do not show 'new items' (the little red star) so there's no way to see if you have new messages etc. (I had turned off header indicators on my theme to make it look cleaner, just relying on the new item indicators.

Anyone know why magic icon can not change all of the built in apps? Especially since those apps CAN be skinned in plazmic?? Will they always be inaccessible or is it that the developers of magic icon did not have the proper info on how to access the icons of those apps to change them?
    12-20-09 02:45 PM
    I love the idea behind this app, as I have previously made my own themes, and since switched to a macbook pro. Now I am unable to edit my themes anymore (although I do have the thm file for the theme in question that I'd like to change the icons of) I'd previously made a theme for myself and used the default precision icons because at the time, I had not heard of magic icon, and I didn't like how some of the third party apps were in the precision style and could not be skinned in Plazmic. Then I got magic icon, and was able to change *most* of the third party apps to nice matching icons. So now I want to change the icons I used in the original theme I'd made to either android or something similar icon set. There is a feature in magic icon to select the entire android theme (just the icons) but, and here's the catch... it can't change the icon of some of the default apps: Messages, Media, BB Messenger for starters... And though it can create a link to those apps, that CAN be changed, those links do not show 'new items' (the little red star) so there's no way to see if you have new messages etc. (I had turned off header indicators on my theme to make it look cleaner, just relying on the new item indicators.

Anyone know why magic icon can not change all of the built in apps? Especially since those apps CAN be skinned in plazmic?? Will they always be inaccessible or is it that the developers of magic icon did not have the proper info on how to access the icons of those apps to change them?
    some apps can not be changed. what you need to do is go into the menu and select Advanced feature. there you can edit some of the other apps. after you finished you will need to hide the original app because there will be two icons for the app
    12-20-09 04:09 PM
    some apps can not be changed. what you need to do is go into the menu and select Advanced feature. there you can edit some of the other apps. after you finished you will need to hide the original app because there will be two icons for the app
    The problem with this work around is, as I have noticed, the new icon it creates will not show new items. So for example, I created a new 'Messages' icon within MagicIcon, and then changed it to look how I wanted. But whenever I get any new messages, it will not show with the little red star. Only the original icon will show that there are new items.

My issue is, I can not go back into Plazmic and xhange the icons for my theme anymore, as I now have a mac. (the one and ONLY drawback I have found at all with OS X)

I do have a netbook running XP... I might try to run plazmic on there just long enough to export the theme.
    12-20-09 09:07 PM
    The problem with this work around is, as I have noticed, the new icon it creates will not show new items. So for example, I created a new 'Messages' icon within MagicIcon, and then changed it to look how I wanted. But whenever I get any new messages, it will not show with the little red star. Only the original icon will show that there are new items.

My issue is, I can not go back into Plazmic and xhange the icons for my theme anymore, as I now have a mac. (the one and ONLY drawback I have found at all with OS X)

I do have a netbook running XP... I might try to run plazmic on there just long enough to export the theme.
    that is because the sms changes the icon when you get a new msg. there isnt anything magicIcon can do. magicIcon works best if the app doesnt change its icon.
    12-20-09 10:32 PM
    I wish magicicon would let you create launchers for other 3rd party apps too. Like I used magicicon to change the score app icon but it changed back to the original everytime I launch it... (Sorry to hijack your thread!)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD