Coming from the Storm 2, I could totally understand why there were no apps for that phone. It was slow, crashed all the time, limited app space, and just really was a POS.

Now that I have the 9850, I have to say it is awesome! I see no reason why this phone cannot do nearly every app on anyone other platform. And without the size limitations, there is no reason they cannot be just as good or better than ios or android versions!

So what do we have to do to get companies building apps for BB again?
    09-29-11 07:25 AM
    Agreed, I love my phone more and more each day. I've been going app crazy since day one and always on app world looking for apps to d/l.
    09-29-11 08:52 AM
    Agreed, I love my phone more and more each day. I've been going app crazy since day one and always on app world looking for apps to d/l.
    But it still seems that most app developers consider there only to be two platforms worth targeting: iOS and Android.
    09-29-11 01:33 PM
    But it still seems that most app developers consider there only to be two platforms worth targeting: iOS and Android.
    True, but the old BB platform was holding them back. I feel this is no longer the case with BB7 and the current hardware.
    09-29-11 01:38 PM
    As an app developer for blackberry, all I can say is let us know what you want to see on your 9850/9860.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-29-11 09:09 PM
    As an app developer for blackberry, all I can say is let us know what you want to see on your 9850/9860.

quick pull and air canada!!
    09-29-11 10:07 PM

I want Hipstaatic and instagram already.....luckily I've never had an iphone or a Droid but almost everyone I know who has one or the other are always talking about how great the apps are....I just want some fun apps that I can waste my time on.
    09-29-11 10:29 PM
    Unless there an App that already does this (and two postings have not found one)--

We need an App that would open up and tell you your biggest battery hogging applications - with biggest in Red? - With an easy click to close a function. Maybe show the % added life you'd get with closing?
    Several Apps show status and even history - but then NOT a direct path to shutting down the biggest hogs. Unless you are experienced, you don't know which are the main culprits (e.g. anything GPS).

I know that I can check battery, separately hit the BB menu key to see what's running, and close things - but how about an integrated App that even newcomers could use?
    Do you agree?
    09-29-11 10:34 PM
    How about ANY app...if there is an app that is compatable with an apple and a green robot, why can't it be just as compatable with a berry and window? I wish I knew how to develop/build apps so that for every app that is released or popular for apple and droid I'd make the blackberry version. I dread seeing advertisements about this and that cool app to use only to see our os left out :@

Take jugsaw your voice for example, when a friend of mine left me a jigsaw vmail I thought wow what a cool app (after she told me what she had done) only to google it and only finding it in itunes :/

So yeah to all the developers...any top app not available on bb and ummm os6 apps not yet available on os7

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-11 12:39 AM
    I'd like to see some kind of mainstream movie streaming app like HBOGO, Netflix, EPIX, etc.
    09-30-11 01:17 AM
    I want the app that's in the beer commercial that you can pour a beer on you phone and it appears in your glass. That would really come in handy right now since I just finished one.
    09-30-11 02:09 AM
    No offense intended, but anyone who wants to see this or that app on the platform is more than welcome to develop it themselves, or fill out a few papers, start an app business, and hire some talented and available recent graduates to write the apps...

This is not a wisecrack, BlackBerry really needs more investment in app development. Can't expect things to just appear out of nowhere, either more people have to get involved themselves, or else hire others to write their ideas if they haven't got the skills.

A lot of devs see Apple and Android on the rise, and so feel more secure speculating on those platforms, whereas BlackBerry has been falling, so why should they gamble on something that has poor odds? But if you hire them, it might be a different story.
    09-30-11 03:10 AM
    App / Task Killer would be great, App battery/cpu usage monitor, CPU overclocker, Wifi manager / scanner, more games like Paradise Island

tstrike34 likes this.
    09-30-11 05:37 AM
    Does anyone know when the eBay app will be available on the Torch 9860?

By the way, I love my new BB, coming from a Bold 9700 I was in two minds whether to follow the crowd and get an iPhone, SOOOOO glad I didnt, I love my BBs! I personally feel the menu and security are much better
    09-30-11 06:09 AM

By the way, I love my new BB, coming from a Bold 9700 I was in two minds whether to follow the crowd and get an iPhone, SOOOOO glad I didnt, I love my BBs! I personally feel the menu and security are much better
    It's on beta testing now so it shouldn't be that much longer for the public.
    09-30-11 06:51 AM
    I miss the Accuweather Blackstar GPS apps. Does anyone know why these don't work on the Touch but worked on older phones like my Tour??
    09-30-11 08:05 AM
    I want an app for all the Blackberry's that will allows us to create our own color schemes using whatever theme we happen to be using. Would be nice to add a personal touch to the on-screen coloring.

Kinda like BeBuzz does for the notification LED.

Last edited by olblueyez; 09-30-11 at 09:05 AM.
    09-30-11 09:00 AM
    Unless there an App that already does this (and two postings have not found one)--

We need an App that would open up and tell you your biggest battery hogging applications - with biggest in Red? - With an easy click to close a function. Maybe show the % added life you'd get with closing?
    Several Apps show status and even history - but then NOT a direct path to shutting down the biggest hogs. Unless you are experienced, you don't know which are the main culprits (e.g. anything GPS).

I know that I can check battery, separately hit the BB menu key to see what's running, and close things - but how about an integrated App that even newcomers could use?
    Do you agree?
    App / Task Killer would be great, App battery/cpu usage monitor, CPU overclocker, Wifi manager / scanner, more games like Paradise Island
    I'm currently researching what is available from the API's that will help narrow down heavy users of battery and memory / storage. I will definitely develop an app for this if it is possible to drill down more than the current apps allow.
    09-30-11 09:21 AM
    The 9550 version is working almost perfect on my 9850, just can't open it in landscape. There are a couple threads already about how to install it so I won't no into detail here.

09-30-11 09:26 AM
    PGA tour app, Golfnow.com app, the ping putter app

TV guide app, directv app, engaget app, go to meeting app, amazon.com app, best buy app.
    09-30-11 10:59 AM
    I would love an app like PatternLock for my 9850.
    Also a Mobile checkbook type app. and Quickpull. That is all for now!
    09-30-11 07:12 PM
    I would love an app like PatternLock for my 9850.
    Also a Mobile checkbook type app. and Quickpull. That is all for now!
    Mobile Checkbook already exists and has been recently updated for OS7. It is probably the best one out there.

I can't post a link yet but search for it in App World or the Crackberry store.
    09-30-11 10:32 PM
    I'm currently researching what is available from the API's that will help narrow down heavy users of battery and memory / storage. I will definitely develop an app for this if it is possible to drill down more than the current apps allow.
    That would be great. Feel free to ask for any input or testing help if needed.
    09-30-11 11:11 PM

How about Shazam!!
    10-01-11 08:40 PM
    I have Shazam running on my phone! Downloaded it from their site. works fine.
    10-01-11 08:43 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD