Hello Crackberry users and abusers. I have been utilizing this site since November 4th when I bought my Bold from AT&T. My first Blackberry and as I am in the IT field I have upgraded and am currently using 4.6.0.217. My issue comes in with IBM's Lotus Sametime Connect Mobile software. I have this program working on all OS versions that I have had installed and it works just fine over carrier data (EDGE and 3G) However when turning on wifi and having no cell service (Basement of the hospital I support) Sametime refuses to connect via wifi. I have search through the options and can't seem to find a setting to force it to wifi. Thought I would give you all a try. Thanks to all.
    01-03-09 07:56 AM
    Are you connecting using BES or BIS when not on Wifi?

My situation, is I use Sametime on my BOLD, connected via BES. If I could get my WIFI to even connect, it would be great, but I assume that since my sametime connects through my work BES server, and my WIFI doesn't, I'd have to be off WIFI to connect. We aren't permitted to connect to our work sametime host outside of being behind the IT Firewalls and BES.

Hope this helps spark some answers or feedback

Cheers
    01-11-09 10:19 AM
    Hello Crackberry users and abusers. I have been utilizing this site since November 4th when I bought my Bold from AT&T. My first Blackberry and as I am in the IT field I have upgraded and am currently using 4.6.0.217. My issue comes in with IBM's Lotus Sametime Connect Mobile software. I have this program working on all OS versions that I have had installed and it works just fine over carrier data (EDGE and 3G) However when turning on wifi and having no cell service (Basement of the hospital I support) Sametime refuses to connect via wifi. I have search through the options and can't seem to find a setting to force it to wifi. Thought I would give you all a try. Thanks to all.
    I assume when you say wi-fi, you are talking about wi-fi outside of your works firewall, correct? When you are over 3G, the traffic is going through your BES server (and thus inside your co's firewall). When you are connected via wi-fi (starbucks, let say) you are outside your corporate intranet (unless you have some VPN software running on your BB).

This is all a guess tho.
    01-13-09 08:39 PM
    Hey BerryBoldJoe and pakman92. Currently I am not connected to the BES. I am utilizing the BIS at this point in time. I work for a global company and am able to connect to the Sametime server on my laptop at any wi-fi spot. Work/Home/Starbucks or wherever with no problem. When connecting to that sever name via EDGE or 3G it connects up instantly with no issue. However when turning Wifi on and my AT&T network off (or where I have no signal) I can't connect to the sametime server at all. There aren't really any settings that I can change in the sametime other than the MDS and Direct connection. I have tried both and still can't figure out the issue. Hope this helps to explain some. Thanks for the reply.
    01-18-09 08:40 AM
    I had a Tour with a 5.0.xx OS and it was ugpraded to the 590 os. After the upgrade sametime will no longer connect. I upgraded to the 732 OS and still cannot connect to sametime. I just got a new Bold 9650 with the 732 OS and it will not connect to Sametime either. This is a Verizon 9650 with the new 732 OS. Is there anyone out there that is able to connect to Sametime 8.0 server. I have the latest Sametime mobile client software, all worked fine until the OS upgrade. I am a Domino admin\developer and am very familiar with the Sametime server and config.
    06-21-10 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD