I searched the forums and found a few posts about losing built-in apps following an upgrade, but no working answers. I lucked onto a solution so I thought I'd leave some bread crumbs for the next lackey...

***** me, all of about 2 days into owning my first BB, decided to upgrade my Bold to .185. I backed everything up and struggled through getting the upgrade process to happen. Eventually, after what I thought was a bricked BB, I found a post about using the AppLoader.exe located in \P F\Common Files\RIM. That saved me and my BB upgrade completed. My BB with data and 3rd party apps were alive again. However, most of the wee but important little apps like Memopad, Tasks, Calculator, and of course BrickBreaker were missing. All attempts to restore them using DM gave a scary warning about needing to downgrade to .167 in order to restore the apps. Then I remembered the AppLoader tool. I decided to give it a spin and viola, she worked. No scary "downgrade" messages when I restored.

Have a great day.
    11-24-08 09:12 PM
    ***** me, all of about 2 days into owning my first BB, decided to upgrade my Bold to .185. I backed everything up and struggled through getting the
    Wow! Self-deprecating humor not allowed! Tried to call myself an Id**t.
    11-24-08 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD