I need an activation code for my Shortcutme license as I'm changing device. I went to Mobihand, where I bought Shortcutme, and I discovered that Mobihand doesn't sell Shortcutme any longer and hence doesn't give any support; I wrote many times to Fonware (Shortcutme). All my emails were ignored. As simple as that.

I would need to buy again the application from App World to have an activation code for a new PIN. I do understand Fonware (Shortcutme) point but, as a customer...I can only simpatize with them, run away and buy Quicklaunch !!! How could I give again money to a company that manage a problem just ignoring it if it's available an alternative product as Quicklaunch is ?

It would be interesting to setup a poll to understand the client focus developers show in managing the "Mobihand issue".
    12-08-11 05:58 AM
    I need an activation code for my Shortcutme license as I'm changing device. I went to Mobihand, where I bought Shortcutme, and I discovered that Mobihand doesn't sell Shortcutme any longer and hence doesn't give any support; I wrote many times to Fonware (Shortcutme). All my emails were ignored. As simple as that.

I would need to buy again the application from App World to have an activation code for a new PIN. I do understand Fonware (Shortcutme) point but, as a customer...I can only simpatize with them, run away and buy Quicklaunch !!! How could I give again money to a company that manage a problem just ignoring it if it's available an alternative product as Quicklaunch is ?

It would be interesting to setup a poll to understand the client focus developers show in managing the "Mobihand issue".
    Sorry to read about your current situation. It's not good for all involved.
    However, I believe MobiHand is (or, should be) responsible for PIN# swaps as they have already received their percentage for that service from the initial customer purchase.
    The developer explained this in this thread here...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6873369

Also, Where do you see QuickLaunch as being available? Or, are you speaking of AppWorld availability?
    Unless I'm missing something, QuickLaunch has also been pulled from MobiHand by the developer.
    After a search of MobiHand, I only see a "knock-off" of the NikkiSoft application, which surely not as functional.
    It is also not available for the 8100 you have listed in your profile anyway.
    Quick Launch - Convenience Key Changer - Productivity BlackBerry Apps

It is a stressful situation for all. I could only recommend sending another polite email for your request.
    If not, hopefully the developer will see this thread and would be willing to assist you further.

Hope it gets worked out for you!
    12-08-11 08:50 AM
    The problem is that mobihand sits with the customer data that I need before I can even run a customer support related to device change (a support mobihand is paid for to do based on their %30 share of the app sale).
    When I see an email from someone asking for a license key I don't know if they are a legit paid user or not. I don't know if they have upgraded to series 5 of ShortcutMe or not, and I don't know if they have got a refund already and now just want to have another free copy for their new device.

Right after this issue with mobihand (taking all the money from developers), I did send new key to those who asked but later on, after spending lots of time going through various server logs, I found out that 5 of them were the ones who got free copy when Mobihand (yet again scre*ed up) selling my apps for free (as they did to many other developers). Now mobiahand deleted those accounts on their system, but I don't know about that.

So, a proper way of asking for a new key is to send an email to mobihand (CC me on that) asking mobihand to send me a history of your purchases, if your account is valid, if you have upgraded to 5.0 and how many device changes you have had with purchase of one single copy.

I will then be able to help you.

Starting a thread like this, wrongfully promoting a competitor, specially with so few posts as you have on CB, puts you in a very bad light. I hope I am fully wrong on this, but based on my experience, I don't get surprised to find out that you don't even have a paid copy of ShortcutMe.
    12-08-11 09:47 AM
    I would like first to thank a lot MADBRADNYC for his quit and proactive reply that made me switch from the angry mood in which I was when I wrote the thread to a more constructive approach.

In answer now to Vijik post: I already understood your point but I believe you're not considering the consequences of your behavior and your customer's view; everything together brings to a loose-loose situation. Let me better explain:

* you write in the FAQ of your site: Q. I have changed my BlackBerry and the license key from my old BB doesn't activate ShortcutMe. What should I do? A. License keys are BlackBerry PIN dependent. When you change your BlackBerry, you need a new license key. Please contact the online store you bought it from to get a new key (I put bold underlined character). Fonware is not responsible for getting you a new key. Online stores are handling key creation for your account with them.
    * as you know Mobihand answers with an email saying: "Please contact the developer directly at support at fonware.ca. We no longer support their products and they will need to assist you further."
    * the customer does contact then Fonware but you ignore every email, as you admit in the TD mentioned by MADBRADNYC
    * the customer cannot take a legal action because of the amount of money involved, feels alone and frustrated (as the many posts in the TD pointed by MADBRADNYC confirm)
    * please consider that the customer thinks (as actually is) that you're leveraging your asymmetric position: you can take legal actions with Mobihand (because of the value of the money involved), he cannot for the same reason and even a class action from the mass of the customer is not a feasible way
    * you have lost the customer as he's disappointed by the service he's receiving and he will NEVER (I promise you) buy anything from you; on top of that you'll increase a negative ad/awareness on SCM.
    * You have the damage from the money not received by Mobihand AND the lost of customers.

My humble suggestions to you:

1. NEVER, NEVER ignore an email from a customer: such an action puts the customer in the worst possible mood
    2. elaborate a strategy to cope with this issue (do not underevaluate nor ignore it!); may be it won't be free for you but, believe me, the return in terms of ads and customers will more than offset the costs
    3. change right now the FAQ or, even better, put an announcement in the home page of your site.If you want I can write a draft of it (for free of course), maybe you can rephrase the english.

I really hope you listen my suggestions.

PS I really don't see the link between the number of my posts in CB and...the light in which I'm or, even worst, my propensity to cheat you (btw you already have, among your recent emails, my SCM license !) but let's disregard this point.
    12-09-11 04:45 AM
    Over years in operation, since day 1 in 2009, I had and maintained All Emails Answered policy. That was while others didn't (including the app you advertising for in this nice thread of yours).

Now, I continued with that policy but clearly as soon as someone found out that I don't know if they are valid customers or not (that info sits with Mobihand) they most likely have told each other because license key email exponentially increased to a number not manageable.
    So the fact that I was helping just got me in more trouble.
    Many developers experiencing the same thing.

Some pay $5, they don't understand that the developer is a human being too, they don't want to see who has created them the problem and they just hitting the easiest target.
    Some others using the muddy water to advertise for another app.
    You are one of them.

If you bought your app from Mobohand you should get your money back from them. This is shopping 101

I am asking everyone now to get their money back from mobihand. You should do that too. I really hope you listen to my suggestion.
    12-09-11 05:28 AM
    I'm sorry to hear that Vijik. It seems that you don't understand although I was open enough.

Good bye and good luck
    12-09-11 05:48 AM
    I'm sorry to hear that Vijik. It seems that you don't understand although I was open enough.

Good bye and good luck
    I don't think you understand what the problem is, who has created it, and who should be blamed for it.
    Good bye.
    12-09-11 05:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD