Loopt is now available for BlackBerry Users. View detailed maps on your Blackberry showing where your friends are.

Loopt's CEO, Sam Altman recently described Loopt's iPhone version as the company's best ever, however he's not so short-sighted enough to overlook the fact that many smartphone consumers still prefer the BlackBerry So Loopt is releasing software for BlackBerry devices as well.

As with the iPhone, the BlackBerry software is free of charge. But unlike the iPhone, it will work on a variety of networks: Sprint, Alltel, T-Mobile, and AT&T

A few of the features:
    Connect with friends and get alerted when they are nearby
    Share your location, status and photos with a few or all friends
    Explore places and events recommended by friends
    Control your experience anytime, anywhere
    Send messages & photos with your location automatically attached to your Loopt friends, AIM buddies and contact list

Blackberry download here:
    https://loopt.com/loopt/blackberry.aspx
    06-15-08 01:22 PM
    1) Kills the battery from 100 to 0 in about 10 hours. Constantly downloads stuff in the background for some reason (down-arrow flashes constantly until you uninstall loopt). I have an 8830 on sprint, maybe it doesn't happen to everyone?

2) Loopt app doesn't work like a blackberry app. It has no menu, and no way to really quit the app. It always runs in the background.

3) What is up with that horrible font?

4) What is up with the bouncing ball animation? Ugly and wastes the battery processing those graphics.

5) Normal blackberry keyboard shortcuts don't work.

It's a great idea - location aware social networking. Especially one that works with more than one kind of phone (after all, that's a pretty lame social network if it excludes 99% of the population).

Poorly executed on the blackberry. iphone app is a lot more professional.
    07-18-08 04:00 PM
    AND they spam you to death with SMS messages tellling you that Loopt is installed and running... ahhh duh?

I deleted and called and cancelled my account when they told me they couldn't stop spamming me.
    07-20-08 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD