Protect your phone with FREE Lookout for BlackBerry�. Includes Mobile AntiVirus, Backup and a quick and easy way to find your Missing Device. The most popular mobile security app is now available for BlackBerry!

Security + AntiVirus
    - Block viruses, malware, spyware
    - Download apps without worry
    - Scans every app you install to check for viruses
    - Runs in the background

Backup + Restore Data
    - Backup your contacts & photos
    - Access your data over the air on http://myLookout.com
    - Restore your data to an existing or new phone

Missing Device
    - Pinpoint where your lost phone is on a map
    - Activate a loud alarm to find it nearby
    - Remotely wipe your data if your phone is gone for good.

Once you download the mobile app, be sure to go to http://mylookout.com to manage your phone, access your backed up data and locate your phone if it goes missing.

This is a FREE App from Lookout. In order to use all of the features above, you will need SMS text messaging enabled. Standard text & data rates apply.
    Last edited by Tiguere; 05-30-10 at 12:36 PM.
    05-30-10 12:34 PM
    Hmmm. I saw this app in the App World and it sounds like a decent app. Especially the free part!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 02:29 PM
    Has anyone else tried it? How do you like it? I also noticed it in BlackBerry AppWorld.
    05-30-10 08:59 PM
    been using it for awhile it runs in the background havent found anything with a virus to test and run on the phone to see if it works...but it backs up the phone...i love the scream feature...left it over a friend house and had it go off on him once while he was sleep...sorry jeff lmao

even tho its not really needed because as far as i know i dont know of a blackberry virus but i just feel alot safer with it..because you never know what someone is cooking up at there computer
    05-30-10 09:28 PM
    been using it for awhile it runs in the background havent found anything with a virus to test and run on the phone to see if it works...but it backs up the phone...i love the scream feature...left it over a friend house and had it go off on him once while he was sleep...sorry jeff lmao

even tho its not really needed because as far as i know i dont know of a blackberry virus but i just feel alot safer with it..because you never know what someone is cooking up at there computer
    Hows your berry do on battery?
    05-30-10 10:07 PM
    Saw this in apps world. Clicked on it to read about it and my phone started acting funny. It looked like something was downloading but in the background. Not the way all other apps download. I quickly did a battery pull to find out it would fire up to a 552 error, reload software!! Not cool at all!!

Switched to a different phone while fixing the bricked one and on my memory card were lookout files. It tried to download to my phone without me starting the download.

Stay away from this app!! Lookout developer, fix my phone!!
    05-30-10 10:13 PM
    In addition, I went to the app page where it said there were 4 ratings no reviews and 5 stars. I posted a review and gave 1 star. It then said 5 ratings again 5 stars and again no reviews. I repeated it again to see 6 ratings still 5 stars and still no reviews. even if the first 4 ratings truly were 5 stars the 6 ratings gives them 22 stars. this would be a rating of less than 4 stars now. And why no reviews after I posted 2? Something is very wrong here.
    05-30-10 10:29 PM
    Hows your berry do on battery?
    haven't noticed any change in it at all can still go the day with the battery doing fine
    05-30-10 10:34 PM
    Protect your phone with FREE Lookout for BlackBerry�. Includes Mobile AntiVirus, Backup and a quick and easy way to find your Missing Device. The most popular mobile security app is now available for BlackBerry!

Security + AntiVirus
    - Block viruses, malware, spyware
    - Download apps without worry
    - Scans every app you install to check for viruses
    - Runs in the background

Backup + Restore Data
    - Backup your contacts & photos
    - Access your data over the air on http://myLookout.com
    - Restore your data to an existing or new phone

Missing Device
    - Pinpoint where your lost phone is on a map
    - Activate a loud alarm to find it nearby
    - Remotely wipe your data if your phone is gone for good.

Once you download the mobile app, be sure to go to http://mylookout.com to manage your phone, access your backed up data and locate your phone if it goes missing.

This is a FREE App from Lookout. In order to use all of the features above, you will need SMS text messaging enabled. Standard text & data rates apply.
    I have this app and I'm liking it also another thing to have that is free is bodyguard

05-31-10 08:20 AM
    haven't noticed any change in it at all can still go the day with the battery doing fine
    to add to this is that there is no change for one you do a scan manually or you can have it do a scedule. And another reason why is when u do a scan it takes only seconds that is it.

05-31-10 08:23 AM
    Saw this in apps world. Clicked on it to read about it and my phone started acting funny. It looked like something was downloading but in the background. Not the way all other apps download. I quickly did a battery pull to find out it would fire up to a 552 error, reload software!! Not cool at all!!

Switched to a different phone while fixing the bricked one and on my memory card were lookout files. It tried to download to my phone without me starting the download.

Stay away from this app!! Lookout developer, fix my phone!!
    It only downloaded on mine when I clicked on download. I have had no issues at all with it

05-31-10 08:27 AM
    In addition, I went to the app page where it said there were 4 ratings no reviews and 5 stars. I posted a review and gave 1 star. It then said 5 ratings again 5 stars and again no reviews. I repeated it again to see 6 ratings still 5 stars and still no reviews. even if the first 4 ratings truly were 5 stars the 6 ratings gives them 22 stars. this would be a rating of less than 4 stars now. And why no reviews after I posted 2? Something is very wrong here.
    That's funny because I don't see a 5 star I do see 4 star and I see the reviews on it. In fact the reviews. Most possitive

05-31-10 08:30 AM
    but is it really needed?
    07-04-10 06:09 PM
    I found this first in the Droid marketplace and put it on my hubby's Droid. He loves it and with the open OS it made him feel safer. Haven't had any problems. I looked to see if they had it for Blackberry and they did and downloaded it on my Tour. I never had any problems with it and it didn't take much memory, just not sure that I needed it since blackberries seem to not have a virus issue. I got my Tour replaced with a Bold and haven't put it on this phone yet. It has some nice features, but the best one is probably the fact that it can locate a lost phone. Problem is it can only locate it if you keep your GPS on and I don't. I guess I might if I lived in a city and was out and about more, where I have a bigger chance of it getting lost or stolen.
    07-04-10 06:37 PM
    I've had Lookout on my Storm2 for about 5 months and LOVE it! I'm bad about leaving my phone places and so the locate and scream has been SUPER helpful for me... I also love that it scans all my apps. There may not be many viruses out there now... but I believe they're inevitable in the near future.
    07-19-10 03:05 PM
    I was using LookOut but stopped and deleted it because it kept saying that certain apps that I bought were Viruses...when I knew they were not! It happened with 3 apps I had on my BB, and Lookout declared them as Viruses. If this app can not accurately determine what is a virus and what is not then it is useless....too much of the "boy that cried wolf".
    07-19-10 06:29 PM
    Wow...Glad I found this thread! I just downloaded, registered, and did some testing except for the virus scanner. I really don't need the virus protection. But as for the backup and locater, it works like a charm!

I can see my house on google maps after locating my phone! This is sweet. Thanks everyone for your comments/reviews on this app. I never knew about this till this thread.
    07-19-10 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD