ideally I am looking for a single app that lists current and forecasted weather info, sunrise/sunset, and tides from reliable sources - and that is location aware (ie can use integrated GPS unit) to get said info for current location. oh yeah, and ideally is should be customizable (eg level of detail shown), highly configurable (eg set updates to manual so they only load when I want them to, so as to avoid network costs), and have hourly weather detail - or configurable launch button to something like weather underground so I can access forecasts for 2 hour blocks.

And I don't want to pay more than $10 for a single app that does both; or $5 ea for two separate apps

not asking too much, huh! LOL

anyway I have been experimenting with both BerryWeather/BeWeather and Tides, but am not completely satisfied with either - and am interested in feedback from other users.

for those looking at similar apps, here are my quick thoughts:

BerryWeather/BeWeather - $9.99; visually pleasing, somewhat configurable and location aware; but no tide info and pretty pricey for same data I can get from weather underground via web (I prefer the URL at i.wund.com over m.wund.com)

Tides - $9.99; a port of the excellent XTide program; but not location aware and very pricey for a port of something typically avail as freeware
    10-08-10 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD