Hello, I've been looking online, as well as Crackberry, for information on a texting app similar to HeyWire, that will work on z10 for texting. Alot of replies I see say "WhatsApp" or "BBM", both of which I have installed and use, but I have a daughter in the USA who is going to college, I'm in Canada, and I'm looking for an app that I can assign a US number to myself through, so she can text me whenever she wants. She doesn't use data on her phone to save money.

I tried Heywire via Android APK but it won't run without Google Services. Tried installing a Google Services APK, that didn't work. I've tried and uninstalled several apps now that just aren't working. Any help would be extremely appreciated!! (as I continue to blow off work and continue my search....)
    05-30-14 10:27 AM
    If GTalk does not work, you would be limited really to using data. BBM would be your best bet.
    05-30-14 10:42 AM
    Since you're not adverse to Android APKs then give Pinger Textfree a shot. It will assign you a US number and I've run it successfully on a Z30 without any issues. In addition, they have a web-based interface for sending/receiving when you're not locked to your phone. It may be a solution to your quest.
    05-30-14 11:05 AM
    Could also go with text plus, it does assign a number if you have gold/silver membership($.99). If you want an APK I can toss one up.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 11:21 AM
    I'm pretty sure I tried GTalk but it wanted my actual phone number, which is Canadian... she only has free unlimited texting to other USA numbers, which is why I was looking for something that would assign me a USA number
    05-30-14 11:30 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions I'll give those a try!
    05-30-14 11:30 AM
    No luck on those ... they aren't notifying when a new message comes in (I rechecked settings) and both randomly crash.
    05-30-14 02:10 PM
    Skype?

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    05-30-14 02:38 PM
    Textfree
    Voxox
    Textnow
    Textplus

I think Textnow will work the best from what I read on google.

Haven't tried any myself but all of these are android apps

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 02:56 PM
    No luck on those ... they aren't notifying when a new message comes in (I rechecked settings) and both randomly crash.
    Just out of curiousity, were you keeping their active frames open? otherwise any android APK won't give you notifications. and which version of TextPlus did you use? (regular/gold/etc)
    05-30-14 03:26 PM
    I think I used the regular for text plus... maybe that was the issue, I usually grab APKs from 1MobileMarket
    05-30-14 03:39 PM
    So I just downloaded and set up Voxox, simple set up and works really well! I sent about 50 msgs to my Canadian number, as long as the app is open you will get a notification in the hub that you recieved a Voxox msg, but if the app is close you won't receive your msgs until you open the app again

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 03:39 PM
    I think I used the regular for text plus... maybe that was the issue, I usually grab APKs from 1MobileMarket
    Check your pms in about 5 minutes.
    05-30-14 04:21 PM