I am looking for an application that would allow me to do the following or similar:

- Job Name
    - Status
    - Model/Serial Number
    - Time (hrs)
    - Description
    etc...

I've looked at quite a few and none of them seem to be able to do what I want. I am an H.V.AC/R (Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Technician) and this is basically what I need the software for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Shedrock
    12-07-08 10:24 AM
    If you read your post again, it doesnt really make sense.

Do you want to track these, like a calendar?
    12-07-08 12:46 PM
    I actually want to be able to add data in fields similar to those.
    Maybe there is an app that will allow me to even add custom fields??

Thanks
    Shedrock
    12-07-08 12:58 PM
    How about a spreadsheet? Docs to go? Just create a template with the fields you need and save each one with a file name you can relate to the customer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 07:31 PM
    Ok, I will try that out and see if it does the job. Thanks for the suggestion.
    12-07-08 09:15 PM
    I actually had this which is called "Word To Go" but this is not what I want. I actually wanted the fields in there so I can just do my thing rather than setting all that up. You see for each job the data changes, as well as the fields so this app. probably won't work.

Thanks
    Shedrock
    12-07-08 09:26 PM
    I was thinking you could set up a spreadsheet with all the fields you need labeled, but leave the data blank, and save that as a template. Then for each job you could open the template and 'save as' whatever the job name is and fill in all your pre labeled fields. I think the specifics you are looking for as far as field names are going to be difficult to find in a generic app.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Mainiak Blaniak; 12-07-08 at 09:49 PM.
    12-07-08 09:47 PM
    I know what you mean. Maybe I can create something in Excel and then save it to the bold and at least I can lock the fields.

Thank you for your assistance and time.

Cheers!
    Shedrock
    12-07-08 09:49 PM
    I am looking for an application that would allow me to do the following or similar:

- Job Name
    - Status
    - Model/Serial Number
    - Time (hrs)
    - Description
    etc...

I've looked at quite a few and none of them seem to be able to do what I want. I am an H.V.AC/R (Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Technician) and this is basically what I need the software for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Shedrock
    PocketDay has an app called "Lists" which will do what you need. It is a really good app. that I used on my 8330. You can create the fields that you want it will be Exactly what you need. Here's the CB review http://crackberry.com/blackberry-sof...day-lists-v1-5
    12-07-08 10:37 PM
    Thank you very much for this. This is perfect for what I need.

Thanks again!
    Shedrock
    12-08-08 02:03 PM
    PocketDay has an app called "Lists" which will do what you need. It is a really good app. that I used on my 8330. You can create the fields that you want it will be Exactly what you need. Here's the CB review (link removed because of CB's policy...)

I found this app by searching for it in BB App World. Downloaded the trial version and began creating my own templates. I was really liking the app, but wanted some more feedback from other users. Then I saw this review. I'm sold on it. I agree the price is a bit higher than what I would prefer to pay, but maybe by the end of my trial version, I'll be ready to justify the cost.
    07-15-09 06:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD