when I upgraded to the .32 I quit getting notifications for facebook on my storm...I have checked all of the setting in FB and my phone, called Comcast, Verizon and emailed FB..nobody seems to think it is their issue to handle. This started on May 15th. I have done everything I know to do...can someone give me a link to downgrade back to .31 PLEASE!!
    06-01-09 03:51 PM
    Do you still get the notifications in your email inbox (not on the Storm, on wherever you would check the email if you were on a computer) or in Facebook via a computer?
    06-01-09 03:53 PM
    WRONG PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE read before you post!
    06-01-09 03:54 PM
    Do you still get the notifications in your email inbox (not on the Storm, on wherever you would check the email if you were on a computer) or in Facebook via a computer?
    nope..I checked everything on my inbox (even though I never changed it) and I have called my internet provided and they say it has nothing to do with them. I have nothing blocked...
    06-01-09 04:05 PM
    WRONG PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE read before you post!
    obviously I'm new to this so theres no need to be rude!!
    06-01-09 04:06 PM
    obviously I'm new to this so theres no need to be rude!!
    Don't concern yourself with that person. It's ok.

If you aren't getting the emails from Facebook to your inbox, that would be why the app isn't notifying you. Are you getting other emails to that inbox, though? Are Facebook emails the only ones you aren't receiving? Try going into Facebook and updating your email address there. Make sure that the email address you use for Facebook is the same email address that you have set up on your phone.
    06-01-09 04:16 PM
    Deeply and Truly sorry- Bad day here in paradise. But I was just getting ready to help you but Morf beat me to it. But def. check that the email is the same. I have been have a HUGE delay for FB updates. Idk whats going on.
    06-01-09 04:20 PM
    Deeply and Truly sorry- Bad day here in paradise. But I was just getting ready to help you but Morf beat me to it. But def. check that the email is the same. I have been have a HUGE delay for FB updates. Idk whats going on.
    There was someone else having issues with this not too long ago... she didn't get Facebook updates to the app for about two weeks, and then all of a sudden they started coming in again. No explanation for it.
    06-01-09 04:22 PM
    Hmmm that's bizarre- I am on my facebook and I recieve the notification on there but I don't get it on my phone for about another 7-8 hours later(and I get all excited bc I think it's a new one) haha =)
    06-01-09 04:24 PM
    Mine magically appeared again after a day or so. Plus multiple battery pulls.

Mystery to me, but I was quite annoyed too.

And I have the new Facebook for BB.
    06-01-09 04:32 PM
    did you clear the cache? by cache i mean the cahce in facebook.

did you check your facebook account and make sure that notifications are set to be delivered to an email address on the phone? if the email address is not one on your phone, you never will get updates.
    06-01-09 04:59 PM
    There is a new weather app out which is great. The developer just came out with a new update however there is a slight glitch with the home page icon. He has fixed it but is having a issue with RIM which should be rectified soon. The website is render fast � NWSClient

I would definitely give it a shot
    06-01-09 05:26 PM
    Sorry. Wrong post
    06-01-09 05:28 PM
    Thanks for the apology...I'm new and not sure how or what to do here
    06-01-09 09:47 PM
    I have checked and the email with FB and my BB are the same, I have not changed anything..I just all of a sudden quit getting them..so I thought maybe it was the upgrade I did a few days before. I cleared the cache, and still nothing. I'm getting all of my other emails to that account, just not FB...argh!
    06-01-09 09:50 PM
    I have checked and the email with FB and my BB are the same, I have not changed anything..I just all of a sudden quit getting them..so I thought maybe it was the upgrade I did a few days before. I cleared the cache, and still nothing. I'm getting all of my other emails to that account, just not FB...argh!
    Ok... there is a new option in FB app now that gives you the choice of NOT leaving the emails on the mail server. This could be the reason that you are not seeing the emails in your inbox, but it would also NOT have an affect on why you aren't receiving the app notifications. Go into FB app, BB/Menu button, Options... scroll all the way down to the bottom and you will see "Leave email notification messages on mail server". If this box is not checked, then you will not get copies of the notifications to your email. That may be the reason for you not seeing the emails in your inbox. Once again, this should NOT affect how you receive notifications, though (I hate all of those emails in my inbox, so I don't use this option, and I still get all of my notifications).

As for not receiving the notifications, I am lost. After you did the upgrade, did you make sure that you were still signed up for "Facebook for BlackBerry" on Facebook's actual website?
    06-01-09 09:59 PM
    Ok... there is a new option in FB app now that gives you the choice of NOT leaving the emails on the mail server. This could be the reason that you are not seeing the emails in your inbox, but it would also NOT have an affect on why you aren't receiving the app notifications. Go into FB app, BB/Menu button, Options... scroll all the way down to the bottom and you will see "Leave email notification messages on mail server". If this box is not checked, then you will not get copies of the notifications to your email. That may be the reason for you not seeing the emails in your inbox. Once again, this should NOT affect how you receive notifications, though (I hate all of those emails in my inbox, so I don't use this option, and I still get all of my notifications).

As for not receiving the notifications, I am lost. After you did the upgrade, did you make sure that you were still signed up for "Facebook for BlackBerry" on Facebook's actual website?
    I went into this and checked the box so I am crossing my fingers that this will work..I have been so frustrated with it that I was going to cancel my FB account and use myspace... I was still signed up for FB for BB on the site. Thank you so much for helping me...I will let ya know tomorrow if it works!! Thanks again I'm new to this!!
    06-01-09 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD