Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Looking for a Garmin type TopoMap/GPS app for my Blackberry Storm 2

I see there is a Garmin App for the Storm 2 but is it more of a Navi type app?

A navigation App is nice, but I am looking for something more like a topo map with Lat/Long coordinates for work and play. Hunting etc. Does the Garmin app do something like this? Or is it strictly a Navi app?

If it is, is there an App out there that anyone likes? A compass would be nice too but I see a few of those for cheap that I can buy.

Thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

The Garmin app is strictly a nav app really. I've yet to see a decent topo map program for BB. There was a brief hope in an app named TopoExplorer by Skylab Mobilesystems, but that turned out to be a complete joke. You could use the Terrain layer in Google Maps for BB; sadly, you cannot cache maps so you need data access. You might look at Mobile GMaps - View maps from various sources on your mobile phone!. It seems to work reasonably well, but I don't have the attention span to deal with it extensively.