Was looking all over the place for a Sat-Nav app that offered turn by turn directions, with voice, and perhaps traffic updates. I was prepared to pay money for it [up to �50 - yes I'm in the UK], but the Garmin app is not applicable to the UK, Google maps doesnt offer what I want, and BB maps, well its just not what I'm after either.

Anyway, so after hours of searching I found out a few things. Telmap is a company that produces sat-nav software for other companies such as Mapquest [$49.99/year], or Vodafone Sat Nav app [subject to subscription]. It's also worth noting that Telmap 4.5 world edition is available on appworld for $79.99!

Shall we get to the good bit?

If you join the Telmap User Group you get Telmap5 for free!

Here's the magical link.

Here's a review of Telmap 4.5, as I couldnt find one for version 5.

Some information about Telmap 5 user group:

The Telmap User Group is a group of beta testers for Telmap5. As a member of the User Group you will receive Telmap5 software for free and will be able to navigate everywhere we have geographic coverage including Europe, North America and more. Feedback can be returned at any time using our feedback form, and every so often we will conduct an online or phone survey asking you to answer some specific questions about the product.
    You should know that you must maintain your own data package, and that we may keep GPS logs of your navigations.

We are currently accepting new users with the following devices:
    - BlackBerry 9700, 9000, 8900
    The following languages are supported: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Hebrew.

Telmap5 offers:
    - Full-featured in-car navigation with moving maps and sound instructions with street names
    - Turn-by-turn pedestrian navigation with moving maps that follow your location and bread-crumbs for orientation
    - Simple and easy one-line search for anything you need
    - Widgets that let you personalize your experience for in-car navigation, pedestrian navigation and mapping
    - Rich UI with animations, shadowing and graphic effects – all based on a map
    - Weather information for any location
    - Cell-ID positioning technology lets you use mapping and local search even when you are indoors with no GPS fix
    - Tiled maps for quicker map download and smooth panning
    - And much more…

I hope this helps someone!
    Last edited by hdizzle1; 07-31-10 at 06:07 AM.
    07-31-10 06:04 AM
    TLDR: Free Sat-Nav for your BB over here.
    07-31-10 06:05 AM
    Nice commercial... I didn't know we were allowed to post advertising on the forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-10 09:54 AM
    Nice commercial... I didn't know we were allowed to post advertising on the forum.

The guy gave us info to get a new version for free opposed to old version for $80...hardly a commercial

07-31-10 10:14 AM
    Too bad no Storm love...
    07-31-10 11:13 AM
    Yeah, I've tried this twice. It is a nice looking, fail of a program. Turn by turn works great but will lead you to completely wrong areas. Sometimes it won't be able to find addresses that have been around for ages. I tried it for a month and a half with only being navigated correctly once. Truely a Fail! Give it a shot if you want, but I wouldn't waste my time.
    07-31-10 11:45 AM

LOL good one

The guy gave us info to get a new version for free opposed to old version for $80...hardly a commercial

Well said.

It's a shame when one tries to pass on a tip to the CB community, and then gets attacked for it. Nevertheless, haters will always hate.
    07-31-10 12:42 PM
    Yeah, I've tried this twice. It is a nice looking, fail of a program. Turn by turn works great but will lead you to completely wrong areas. Sometimes it won't be able to find addresses that have been around for ages. I tried it for a month and a half with only being navigated correctly once. Truely a Fail! Give it a shot if you want, but I wouldn't waste my time.
    Thanks for the constructive feedback. Will give it a shot, see if it works, if not I'm really stuck on what I can use for turn by turn GPS [in the UK]
    07-31-10 12:44 PM
    Have you tried this one? Not sure if it works in the UK or not but its also free:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/fre...n-waze-502191/

I've installed it but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.
    07-31-10 12:53 PM
    Have you tried this one? Not sure if it works in the UK or not but its also free:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/fre...n-waze-502191/

I've installed it but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.
    Thanks for this, I downloaded it, but I don't think its optimised for the UK yet. Maybe they'll sort out it soon...
    07-31-10 01:26 PM
    excellent app,just downloaded and now testing it out,tried signing up for telemap but not a go for any one in the US for now
    07-31-10 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD