im with telus and i have the 9700 where can i download free themes and apps? the bb app store has **** ones for free i want good ones
    02-26-10 12:40 PM
    Have you looked in the Themes / App section here on Crackberry? There a ton of really good FREE themes and apps to choose from.
    02-26-10 01:07 PM
    so how do I get the free themes do I plug in my phone or does it send a link?
    08-25-10 03:41 PM
    The post will tell you what to do. If it is OTA it will say so.
    08-25-10 03:56 PM
    so how do I get the free themes do I plug in my phone or does it send a link?
    Guessing you don't know what OTA means. It's an acronym for Over The Air. This means you click that link from your BB's Browser to download directly to your device. OTA files typically end with the extension .jad but there's .jar and a few others too.
    You can't download these to your PC and install them without putting some third-party software on your PC. (Keep things simple and download OTA via your device Browser!)

For free Themes, I haven't found a better source than the CrackBerry Themes Forums. Each device has its own Forum there.
    With OS 5.0, your 9700 can run any theme with the same 480x360 screen resolution. This means you can use themes for the 9700, 8900, 9630, and 9650. So have fun going through all 4...

To access from your device, I would download the CB Launcher from App World. This lets you navigate to the desired area in CB without loading each page.
    BlackBerry App World - CB-Launcher

For free apps, these are found a little more all over the place. App World is a great resource.
    So is the CB Superstore, formerly App Store (aka Mobihand).
    Download the CB Superstore app on to your device too. It's another app world but with numerous apps available only on one or the other.
    Superstore

CB has a page of free app OTAs. From your device go to:
    http://m.crackberry.com/free-blackberry-apps

Also check out the 3rd Party Apps Forum here on CB.
    08-25-10 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD