Hey Folks,

Hopefully can get a quick answer. My Uncle owns a few acres of land, some bush, some field. He heard of a neighbor that just drove around the perimeter of the area on an ATV and the app told him the size of the land.

I don't know what device this was on. I have a blackberry. Does anyone know of an app that will do this for me? He's 72 and not very tech savy

Thanks,
    Steve
    07-18-13 10:19 AM
    Since this is in the BlackBerry OS forums, I'm assuming you are not asking for a BB10 app. On my torch 9860 I used to use GPSLogger II to map my runs. It gives you total distance, elevation changes, etc. so that would satisfy your perimeter need. You can then export the GPS track to Google earth and pretty easily find the area.
    07-18-13 10:45 AM
    you are correct. I am on the 9860 (all touch torch)

thanks for the reply!

i will give this a shot this afternoon.

Since this is in the BlackBerry OS forums, I'm assuming you are not asking for a BB10 app. On my torch 9860 I used to use GPSLogger II to map my runs. It gives you total distance, elevation changes, etc. so that would satisfy your perimeter need. You can then export the GPS track to Google earth and pretty easily find the area.
    07-18-13 10:52 AM