I had Quick Pull on my 8330 and it's apprently not compatible with my 8530 - ive downloaded the free and even paid for the pro - still not compatible. Does anyone know of another free or low priced app that will still do the daily / weekly pull?? Thanks so much!
    02-12-10 03:05 PM
    I haven't found one yet but I have found that I don't need to do battery pulls very often, and I just reset it using the keyboard when I do need to.
    02-12-10 03:20 PM
    i'm with ^^^^^
    imo, this device doesnt really require very many battery pulls. only time i really do them is after adding/removing apps and themes. if i feel the need to do one anyway, which is rare, i just do it via the keyboard (alt+right shift+del)

imo, battery pulls arent necessary daily with the 8530 and the keyboard shortcut is quicker than searching through ur menu for quick pull anyway :-)
    02-12-10 03:52 PM
    Yep, not really needed on the 8530. I even leave Viigo run in the background and I don't really need it.
    02-12-10 03:58 PM
    I use quickpull pro for the 8330, but haven't needed it since buying berryjoose to be honest
    02-12-10 04:01 PM
    I use quickpull pro for the 8330, but haven't needed it since buying berryjoose to be honest
    Quickpull Free and Pro are not compatible with the OP's phone model.
    02-12-10 09:15 PM
    I know. I was just trying to make a point that those apps are not needed with newer devices because memory management/ allocation is much better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 09:52 PM
    thanks!!

it seems like my phone gets slow every few days and i thought maybe that was it - i use the internet, etc alot - and just thought i should pull it. anyways, thanks again for all the answers!!
    02-16-10 09:19 PM
    (it worked really great for my 8330 which is why i wanted it for my 8530 )
    02-16-10 09:20 PM
    thanks!!

it seems like my phone gets slow every few days and i thought maybe that was it - i use the internet, etc alot - and just thought i should pull it. anyways, thanks again for all the answers!!
    Do you always make sure to close apps not in use?

Holding down the MENU button will show all open apps.
    5 are permanently shown there: BBM, Messages, Browser, Phone, Home.
    You'll typically find a few apps open that you're not using anymore.
    With 5.0, the Clock app doesn't always close when leaving Bedside Mode, for example.

To close most apps, holding down the ESC button (to right of trackball) will close them.
    Pressing the END button takes you to your Home Screen, but leaves most apps open.
    02-16-10 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD