Is there an app or a way to block a caller or someone from texting you on the BlackBerry Torch???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 01:39 PM
    I think there is a call blocking app in app world.

12-20-10 02:14 PM
    you can block a specific # on the carrier level.
    12-20-10 02:37 PM
    you can block a specific # on the carrier level.
    not 100% sure. T-mobile doesn't allow for that, it's either all or nothing. They will block Text Messages as a whole but not one specific number. PM me if you want to know why i know, but i know they will not do it.
    12-20-10 02:39 PM
    Mr. Number Callblock is a free call blocking app in AppWorld, works fine. It does not block texts though. There are numerous ones that do however in AppWorld.
    12-20-10 03:10 PM
    On sale right now in the CrackBerry store Ultra Call Blocker Plus - Block any number right from your phone - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store. Works just fine for me. Stopped a spammer that was driving me crazy.
    12-20-10 03:16 PM
    You can use firewall options in the phone itself to block people who aren't in your contacts, but voice calls require a carrier feature, or a pickup/hangup application.
    12-20-10 05:12 PM
    Is there an app or a way to block a caller or someone from texting you on the BlackBerry Torch???
    You might want to calll your carrier to ask about it. Maybe this is what the other posters are saying can't be done (and they might be right in blocking an individual number), but I've had VZW block specific mystery incoming texts to my young daughter's phone. I can't remember the exact specifics (they might have actually been incoming international texts), so I'm not totally sure if a carrier can block a specific number versus a general type of text.
    12-21-10 03:46 PM
    First of all, what I would suggest, if it's any form of harassment, threats or bullying, or a prank, you could have the police tell the caller/texter to stop what they are doing or face possible charges. I had to, it worked. The idiots stopped once warned.

12-22-10 07:44 AM
    Thank you so much everyone. My provider is Att and I believe I have heard of other providers (not sure which one), that @ least allow u the option 2 have callers go str8 2 voicemail or something of that nature. I believe it may be Sprint. I can't remember this moment.

12-24-10 12:44 AM
    Smartgaurd is a free app that works. Its avail in appworld.

12-24-10 09:48 AM
    Like what mcg3745, for me SmrtGuard work just well. And yes, you can use the Free version
    12-24-10 02:25 PM
    look up DDM and Adonis
    12-25-10 07:05 PM
    Mr. Number Callblock is a free call blocking app in AppWorld, works fine. It does not block texts though. There are numerous ones that do however in AppWorld.
    I used to swear by this app until I upgraded to OS6. The app has a major battery leak on my phone and crushes the OS in the background... taking 95% of my OS resources and making the phone virtually un-usable.

Just a heads-up for those OS6'ers out there.
    12-30-10 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD