Since I don't have a data plan, I wish to send and receive emails on a email client via wifi. I have searched and have found logicmail. The problem is, I am using Hotmail and have difficulty setting up the configuration. For those who have Hotmail functioning on their BB, what are your settings? I have searched long and wide and have found no working solution, so you will really help out a lot of users!
    12-28-12 10:12 AM
    Since I don't have a data plan, I wish to send and receive emails on a email client via wifi. I have searched and have found logicmail. The problem is, I am using Hotmail and have difficulty setting up the configuration. For those who have Hotmail functioning on their BB, what are your settings? I have searched long and wide and have found no working solution, so you will really help out a lot of users!
    here you are:
    - Account'type: POP
    - POP server: pop3.live.com (Port 995)
    - POP SSL required? Yes
    - User name: Your Windows Live ID, for example yourname@hotmail .com
    - Password: The password you usually use to sign in to Hotmail or Windows Live
    - SMTP server: smtp.live.com (Port 25) {Note: If port 25 has been blocked in your network or by your ISP, you can set SMTP port to 587 with TLS or SSL Encryption depending on the client in use}
    - Authentication required? Yes (this matches your POP username and password)
    - TLS/SSL required? Yes
    hope it'll help
    andyfang likes this.
    12-30-12 04:42 AM
    here you are:
    - Account'type: POP
    - POP server: pop3.live.com (Port 995)
    - POP SSL required? Yes
    - User name: Your Windows Live ID, for example yourname@hotmail .com
    - Password: The password you usually use to sign in to Hotmail or Windows Live
    - SMTP server: smtp.live.com (Port 25) {Note: If port 25 has been blocked in your network or by your ISP, you can set SMTP port to 587 with TLS or SSL Encryption depending on the client in use}
    - Authentication required? Yes (this matches your POP username and password)
    - TLS/SSL required? Yes
    hope it'll help
    thanks so much, this setting definitely works guys, it's working!
    01-20-13 09:45 PM
    do we have to keep the app running? or it will give push notifications even if we exit the app?
    01-23-13 11:13 PM
    needs to stay opened but it really isnt a resource hog on my hand so i dont think you should worry about your battery life with LogicMail

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Crackberry's Forum App.
    01-27-13 09:11 AM
    If the app is running in the backgrounf, yes.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using the CrackBerry Forums app
    03-26-13 04:51 PM
    I am still having issues with the LogicMail setup on my Roger BB Bold 9780.
    Followed the instructions to a "T" and tried multiple configs. Nothing works. Tried my Live mail and Gmail. Nothing works.
    Suggestions?
    04-24-13 08:59 PM
    I got my mail in with the settings described but now I can not send. Any ideas?
    04-24-13 09:21 PM