I was having problems debugging an app remotely on Storm with 5.0 because I couldn't find a way to view the event log. Apparently it's not possible -- unless anyone wishes to enlighten me.

So here's an icon that brings up the event log viewer on any bb. It also adds an Options category where you can set the log to be cleared at time intervals or at power-off or power-up. You can set it to NOT do this at times when you're active, or only when the display is off.

Since it was simple to add, you can also have it run the memory cleaner and/or 'request' the garbage collector to run at the same time. Technically it's a request but it seems always to immediately do what it's asked to do when there's anything significant to be done.

I've said before I'm not an advocate of running the gc at fixed intervals, and I'm still not, but people buy the apps that do that while mostly passing over mine, so now I finally have something out with this feature most people like. (It's off by default.)

Anyway, there's my overblown event log viewer shortcut.

LogCut - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Last edited by LSphone; 02-10-10 at 05:42 AM.
    12-05-09 08:16 PM
    Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 05:54 PM
    You're welcome

I'm not sure if the coupon will work with bundles or not, but if it does, you can get LogCut with the Meters free.
    Much appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD