So I recently bought Location Profiler, an automated app that changes your sound profile based on your location. While the UI and intended function of this app is great, I am having some problems. I tried to reach their tech support, but have been ignored thus far.

Do other people have experience with this app? I am struggling on making it work with a few things:

1) Despite setting up the names of the custom profiles I have in the app, it does not seem to work with custom profiles...

2) For some reason, there are two icons for the same app under the list of functions when I press and hold the bb button...this is confusing and they are running two separate instances of the program, where I had to set up the same profiles in each running instance. Reboots, trying to close, etc, do nothing to fix this...

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks
    10-28-09 04:14 AM
    So I recently bought Location Profiler, an automated app that changes your sound profile based on your location. While the UI and intended function of this app is great, I am having some problems. I tried to reach their tech support, but have been ignored thus far.

Do other people have experience with this app? I am struggling on making it work with a few things:

1) Despite setting up the names of the custom profiles I have in the app, it does not seem to work with custom profiles...

2) For some reason, there are two icons for the same app under the list of functions when I press and hold the bb button...this is confusing and they are running two separate instances of the program, where I had to set up the same profiles in each running instance. Reboots, trying to close, etc, do nothing to fix this...

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks
    i'm not sure which support email to send to but we do reply to all support email.

for custom profiles you need to run Profiler and select edit custom profiles from the menu. Match the names with they System custom profiles eg: replace Custom1 with the name of the actual name in Profiles custom name and so on...

now when you add a new profiler the custom profile names will show up in the Profile choices.
    10-28-09 09:52 AM
    i'm not sure which support email to send to but we do reply to all support email.
    I sent the email through the crackberry app store online, and still haven't gotten a response...however, I don't mind working things out through the forums if that is easier/gets a faster response.

for custom profiles you need to run Profiler and select edit custom profiles from the menu. Match the names with they System custom profiles eg: replace Custom1 with the name of the actual name in Profiles custom name and so on...
    I did this, and it still does not work.

now when you add a new profiler the custom profile names will show up in the Profile choices.
    It does, it simply does not actually change the sound profile when entering that location...

Also, my question about why there are two instances of the program running has not been answered. I also have not been able to get the sound profile to actually change despite setting up this app...
    10-30-09 12:37 PM
    So I noticed that the emails sent to support through the crackberry.com app store are being returned to me with delivery failed messages; hence you not receiving them. I highly recommend and update, this support is dreadful.
    11-05-09 06:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD