I recently learned about a new application called Aerize Card Loader 2008. It allows you to load applications onto your media card and run them from there. It's a bit rough around the edges but it appears to do exactly what it says it will do. I have loaded BB Weather, Jive Talk, Viigo, and Midnight Pool on my Pearl's MicroSD card and reclaimed a good chunk of device memory. The downside is that the Card Loader software requires having the COD files on your card, which means that any apps installed OTA cannot be put on the card unless you track down the COD files somewhere. It costs $20 and has a free trial. Money well spent!
    Last edited by Umm Yeah...; 04-11-08 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Added Viigo
    04-11-08 04:25 PM
    Well, your characterization of the program is a tad misleading. It doesn't allow you to "run" the applications from the media card. It actually just allows you to install the applications from the media card.

So, this program can be quite useful for programs that you don't use very frequently. For example, let's say that you like Program X, but will probably only use Program X once per month. Rather than installing Program X to the internal memory on your BB and taking up precious space, you can store the application on your memory card. Then, when you want to use the program, you can use the Aerize Card Loader to install it to main memory, use the program, and then uninstall it.

So, the programs stored on the card are not immediately accessible. You need to do the install/uninstall process every single time you want to use the program.

This program still has some value, but it's not quite as awesome as people have been saying it is.
    04-11-08 05:13 PM
    My 2 cents: Tried it and it can erase applications fast, that's the only thing I was able to do with it., maybe it was me and my 8100 but had no luck, it didn't work for me.
    04-11-08 05:28 PM
    My 2 cents: Tried it and it can erase applications fast, that's the only thing I was able to do with it., maybe it was me and my 8100 but had no luck, it didn't work for me.
    same happen to me but i very well could have been missing something
    04-11-08 09:01 PM
    if it work so that u can save applications to the card car somebody please break it down for me in laymen terms. B/C i could not figure it out!
    04-12-08 12:10 PM
    You should check out this blog post too... There are a couple of in-depth reviews in the comments:

Aerize Lets You load Apps From A Memory Card
    04-12-08 12:14 PM
    thanks kevin
    04-12-08 12:42 PM
    this app is now on sale for 18.00 till april 14th per berryreview.. and myself have not had much luck with this app either ..
    04-12-08 03:44 PM
    I must say, this is one department where a Windows machine has BB beat.

If RIM designed OS to support this out of the box, BBs would take a huge leap forward (again).
    04-12-08 04:26 PM
    I guess I still don't see the benefit. Is this for people who have no more room for more apps, but want to keep an app around that they use every so often?? Isn't it kinda annoying to install and uninstall the app just for this?
    04-13-08 03:15 PM
    Is this for people who have no more room for more apps, but want to keep an app around that they use every so often??
    Bingo! That's exactly what this app is for. I agree that this has very limited usefulness.
    04-13-08 03:42 PM
    I'n not too crazy about that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-08 03:45 PM
    oh man Im soooo disappointed in hearing all your opinions, i was really hoping it worked as advertised, as the doctor posted in another thread, I too wanted to load my medical nursing books but am limited by memory size. But I WILL BE DAMBED IF I WILL BUY A WINDOWS PRODUCT>

QUE VIVA MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-12-08 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD