I have the latest version, I really like except, it wont stop notifying of messages even after I reply to them, and why does every single response show up in the counter, so if i'm having 3 convos with 3 different ppl, i could end with the counter saying I have 30-40 messages each conversation should be just one convo. I hope that makes any sense. And is there a way to to see somebody profile pic enlarged?
    04-03-11 08:10 PM
    ok things i notice after new updates come out...

1. after i reboot after the update it effects my BBM..it hides all my contacts and if i get a BBM msg it doesn't vibrate or the ringtone doesnt go off.

2. all my previous convos i had open on LiveProfile all of a sudden come up as new and even if i scroll thru the msgs they still show new.

3. can't make a contact's profile pic bigger.

4. at times my sname and profile pic reset back to the default.

that is all for now...any suggestions?

btw im running BB Storm 2
    04-04-11 06:21 AM
    Is anyone else concerned about the permissions the program is asking to "Allow"? It feels like I'm leaving myself exposed -
    • input simulation
    • files
    • security data
    • organizer data

Couldn't these settings allow access and exporting of info from my BB? I'm not trying to be an alarmist but these permissions are there for a reason. It's like I'm taking the padlocks off and piling them on the ground.

Anyone have any thoughts?
    04-04-11 05:02 PM
    Just installed but keep getting errors.

Took 3 tries to setup account.
    Unable to fetch user profile at this time.
    04-04-11 08:19 PM
    deleted. i'll wait for them to update the program. going to stick with blackberry and texting for now...

i also dont like all the 'permissions'
    04-05-11 03:26 PM
    1.06 is ready for download lets see if this one isn't nutty as well
    04-06-11 10:49 AM
    deleted. i'll wait for them to update the program. going to stick with blackberry and texting for now...

i also dont like all the 'permissions'
    I spotted the attached article yesterday re a grand jury investigation into apps mining personal info from users. The permissions LiveProfile requests are right up this alley.

Federal Grand Jury Investigating Apps, Pandora Says - WSJ.com
    04-06-11 10:57 AM
    Yeah I had this problem for the longest. Do you get the "go to liveprofile.com/get" from your browser message even when in your browser? if so, open browser>options>browser config(top choice)> down to browser Identification and make sure it is saying Blackberry Browser and not IE or Firefox. clear cache and then restart phone, this worked for me right away!
    04-06-11 12:40 PM
    I can't even get the app to load. I try to open it and the phone just freezes until I press the end call button. Uninstalled, reinstalled and done numerous battery pull - still wont work!
    04-06-11 04:00 PM
    Sorry to say but I think this about does it for me with LP and my network of users as well. Main issue is the relentless bugs that keep going on as well as the annoyance with people using iPhones. They don't get an instant message but rather, a push notification after you typed something. It isn't until they open up LP that they can see what you're typing. So all the typing you did in the first place are just push notes sent to them, then they open up the APP only to find there is nothing to read!?? It sucks because there are allot of mixed users in our network on iPhone and BB's. I've emailed with no responses and I've been compassionate to the fact that this is Beta but come on. This day in age its a little silly to release something and not have it near perfect and work "some" bugs out. Its really too bad because LP, like others, is a great idea but falling waaaay too short.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-11 10:51 PM
    Still no feature to enlarge icons...smh
    04-07-11 08:07 AM
    Still no feature to enlarge icons...smh
    Yep, that's my biggest gripe at this point too.
    04-07-11 09:05 AM
    My biggest gripe is that its not truely a live chat app to cross platform.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-11 02:25 PM
    We have been working through the bugs but most were because of the overloaded servers. I am happy to say that the last few days things we have successfully brought everything under control. We are working day and night still making improvements to the service and the applications. Keep your eyes open we are making some great progress
    04-12-11 10:28 PM
    I love LP, will stay on and hope for the best

Add me if ya want! LPUK0ZIY
    04-15-11 01:37 PM
    Add me on liveprofile i wanna check it out.. LPMMDV88
    04-25-11 06:35 PM
    1.0.10 is the new upgrade for lp...

**EDIT**

1.0.12 JUST DROPPED AND NOW YOU ENLARGE PROFILE PICS..THAT HAPPENED WITH v1.0.10

SELECT CONTACT>HIT MENU>VIEW PROFILE>SCROLL TO PIC>TAP IT.
    Last edited by bigsupa; 05-06-11 at 09:08 AM.
    05-02-11 08:28 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD