have to lol @ crackberry on this one. Announce this social app that will let us chat to our iphone and droid peeps and u click on the link only to find:

Downloads for this app disabled!

DOH!
    03-25-11 11:34 AM
    03-25-11 11:38 AM
    Wooooot we crashed their apps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-11 12:51 PM
    Wooooot we crashed their apps

CrackBerry killed us

We are finishing up a new build now and will re-enable downloads once it's complete. This build will patch a few bugs that appeared in this public beta.
    Guatiao likes this.
    03-25-11 03:33 PM
    Mine still works. Guess I got in before the "CrackBerry Affect" kicked in. We have broght down many MANY servers. BUT that is a good thing, it reveals the stuff you guys need to fix before the "regular" folks start to get the app.

EDIT: Normally I would move a thread like this to BB Apps, BUT it seems rather important, and as such I'm leaving it here in General and I have expanded the title a bit also.
    03-25-11 03:40 PM
    How do I update my display pic? I can't and I'm running v1.0.1 on my Torch

03-25-11 03:44 PM
    I knew LiveProfile was going to be popular, but taking down the server in just a couple of hours? That's some pretty high demand!
    03-25-11 05:02 PM
    I downloaded and installed this on Android. Set up fine but couldn't talk to my BlackBerry buddy. I could send messages but they didnt receive.
    03-25-11 05:12 PM
    The new BB version is out I just got notified to upgrade. Plus it was never down for me.
    03-26-11 12:50 AM
    Installed on my Droid and just installed on my wife's 9700...sweet...working well. Now we can easily chat again.
    03-26-11 01:02 AM
    Anyone else having problems updating their profile pic? Mine says it is updating but never sets it as my pic. It still shows the defaut grey silhouette image.

03-26-11 01:04 AM
    It updated no problem on my wife's Bold, but their servers could just be overloaded right now.
    03-26-11 02:02 AM
    I just downloaded it. That went fine but it won't connect to the servers to create an account for me. I'll try again when I wake up.

03-26-11 03:35 AM
    Nevermind. It worked. Now I just need some friends. Ha.

03-26-11 03:51 AM
    I still can't change my profile pic, I hope theirs some fixes for OS 6. I'm still going around in circles trying to access any pics. And I have the latest update.

Actually it would be nice to be able to access any media folder
    03-26-11 07:52 AM
    I have tried to D/L this app several times, and it D/L's just fine, but every time I click on the app to open, it gives me this error pop-up: Error starting LiveProfile: Error loading module 'LiveProfile' VerifyError.

I have done battery pulls after installing, re-adjusting permissions, and still getting the same error every time! It's really annoying. Anyone have any ideas? I thought that maybe another app that I may have D/L recently may be causing it, but don't know how to check that theory...The only 2 recent D/L's were Wakeful, and Ticker...Anyone with advise? Thanks in advance.

03-26-11 08:48 AM
    I still can't change my profile pic, I hope theirs some fixes for OS 6. I'm still going around in circles trying to access any pics. And I have the latest update.

Actually it would be nice to be able to access any media folder
    Hmmm...

I had no issues doing it for my wife's Bold running OS6. Instructions here might help for you:

LiveProfile BlackBerry Updates 1.0.2

I do think their servers are getting slammed though because it took a while for my wife's Bold to come online and get a message this morning.
    03-26-11 10:45 AM
    Looks like a very promising application, but I have had a few issues with the new update. I was not able to create an account, and 30 minutes after installing it my battery had went from 85% to 25%.
    03-26-11 02:05 PM
    I will be monitoring this thread, ....
    03-26-11 02:13 PM
    This app is nice and has lots of potential as a cross platform messaging app. I appreciate how quickly updates have come out in response to user issues. My main issue which may make me uninstall this app until it gets worked out is the massive battery drain it causes in my Tour 9630. Once the battery consumption gets tuned, I'll be very happy.
    03-26-11 03:23 PM
    DL'd noproblem on my Tour 5.0, hoever:

Still can't answer ANY responses that I get
    Still can't "add" picture
    Still extremely high battery drain

Having said this, the app is almost flawless on iPhone and Android, so I am holding out hope that with time they will work this out. The customer service response is very good for so early in the game, especially with all the bugs they must be working on.
    03-26-11 04:41 PM
    Just deleted and dl'd again, another battery pull. Working very well now with both BB, Android, and iPhone users. Still can't load "pics" and the battery went down 25% in 15 minutes.
    03-26-11 05:11 PM
    What's new here that's not a blatant ripoff of BBM (besides being cross platform)? Gradients?
    03-26-11 05:23 PM
    Yeah, a lot of battery drain! Can't add a profile pic also!

03-26-11 05:29 PM
    I did the upgrade on my Torch and it killed by BBM, Yahoo Messanger and GTalk apps. Not happy.
    03-26-11 06:04 PM
95 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD